The special fundraising efforts for Preston formally end July 1st, so in one last effort to collect funds and get his picture out there one more time, I'm holding a very special giveaway! (Other post about Preston - click here) The item for the giveaway is...
....a handmade Happy Birthday fabric banner! I've sewn several now and love how they turn out. This is the last of this color combo of banner (same as my own) and I love the happy, bright colors that can be used for any birthday - boy or girl.
....a handmade Happy Birthday fabric banner! I've sewn several now and love how they turn out. This is the last of this color combo of banner (same as my own) and I love the happy, bright colors that can be used for any birthday - boy or girl.
This banner is approximately 8 feet long and each pennant is about 8 inches tall - a good size that will definately get the "Happy Birthday" sentiment out loud and clear! Each letter is zig zag stitched on, adding even more promise that this banner will last through many birthdays to come.
The details:
*Simply leave a comment if you wish to be entered in the giveaway.
That's it! While a donation to Preston/Reece's Rainbow isn't mandatory to enter, please consider doing so - any amount - big or small (tax deductible!). Please use the donate button in the upper right corner - it goes directly to Reece's Rainbow and those funds are held in reserve for Preston's adoption fees. I don't see who has donated or how much, so it's completely up to you. For those who've already donated (we're at $294 as I type this! Woohoo!), just a leave a comment and thank you for already donating!
*Want another chance or two? For more entries, post on Facebook about this banner giveaway and leave another comment to let me know. You can also post about it on your blog and link back to this giveaway (leave a comment about this as well). That makes three entries total if you desire.
Just as appreciated as a donation, helping to spread the word about Preston and this organization is a needful service. You never know - Preston's future family may be connected to him through our efforts!
*Giveaway begins today and ends June 16th at midnight. At that time, I'll gather the entries and the winner will be randomly selected. I will contact you if you're the lucky recipient! (please leave your email in your comment if you think I don't already have it) Contact me at ktalice (at) hotmail (dot) com if you have any questions!
I'm so glad I found this organization. They work tirelessly to find homes for special needs children around the world that aren't blessed with the same resources children here enjoy. We just helped at the Special Olympics here in Southern California and it was amazing what wonderful support we recieve here in the States compared to many other countries that simply try to forget about those born with special needs.
In many of the countries these children are born in, the parents here the diagnosis of Down syndrome and the child is often rejected at the hospital. Most have never lived a non-orphanage/institutionalized life. If they only knew what we know about the positive potential and happiness these children bring! Whether or not you donate, please consider forwarding this information to those who may be interested. Maybe by Preston's next birthday, his forever family will have found him!
For more information about Preston, please click on his picture in the upper right corner. For more information about Reece's Rainbow and the wonderful mission they seek to accomplish (including information about many other deserving special needs children - they do serve more than just children with Down syndrome), please click the icon below.
Good luck! And a big Thank you for your thoughts and prayers on behalf of Preston and the other deserving children!










Katy, What a great organization! I hope your pre-PCS moving preparations are going well. How's school hunting going?? kbfrey@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI know you don't know me but I just found your site through a friend of mine and I am forever changed by the story behind Reece's Rainbow organization. It really tugged at my mommy heartstrings! I will be posting a link for it on my facebook and blog and maybe we can find Preston's or any other little one's family out there. I just can't even imagine.... Thank you for sharing this! morrisonmonkeys@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful organization.
ReplyDeleteI think your banner is just beautiful! I can only donate a little since we are still saving for Paisley's adoption (thru RR!!) but I want to help any way I can. I'll repost on FB too. You have a beautiful heart, friend. Thank you for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteLove wins,
Renee Tam
I love this banner! I made one last year and it is no where near this pretty;) I would love to be entered to win this. I saw Renee's facebook post....So I too am going to go post it on facebook. We are adopting Andriy(14).
ReplyDeletewww.justonemore4us.blogspot.com
Lovely banner.
ReplyDeleteI'm going over to donate a little something for all your effort in trying to raise funds for Preston.
:)
Teri
I shared on Facebook!
ReplyDelete:)
Teri
What a sweet thing you are doing! I hope some very nice people adopt him. Your banner is beautiful (just like all your homemade gifts).
ReplyDeleteThe world is a better place with people like you in it!
JOY
Love the banner it is so cute! I admire you and all you are doing.
ReplyDeleteJenn
That is so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful cause! God Bless those babies and all of the children waiting for homes!! I will donate soon I promise!!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a cute banner, Katy! And a great way to get the word out for Preston...
ReplyDeleteKaty,
ReplyDeleteThis is a great organization and Preston sounds like such a sweet little boy. I will share on facebook. Oh, and your banner is really cute:)
YAY! {Sorry I haven't commented sooner... it's been CrAZy around here! And we do need to talk - soon!!} I'll post your link again on FB... but don't feel that you have to enter me in - I'll do it just because I love you, Granty and sweet little Preston! ♥
ReplyDeletejust found you via rr and so glad i did am now following.
ReplyDeletei am francines warrior! just had to say I love what you are doing for the reeces rainbow angels who also have my own heart captured and i think your family is adorable! i am trying to contact all warriors to let you know about a weekly friday linkup/bloghop i am running at my blog, flight platform living over at textgeorge.blogspot.com Its a linkup to profile all the waiting kiddies and find families for them, every week i will add a gallery of faces for anybody entering...so please stop by and get that beautiful angels face out there for their mummy to find them! you will find details on how to take part on my post 'rethink, rulechange and really excited' thanks so much. jane xxx if you could spread the word to other warriors you know that would be fab as well xxxx