6.10.2011

a Toy Story birthday


Even though the weather reports threatened to change my plans, I was determined to have Grant's 5th birthday party outside behind our house.  Once I get an idea in mind...nothing better come along and change it - most certainly the weather!

We set up a few tables, hung balloons, and the Happy Birthday banner I had just made had it's first public appearance.  (***take note of this banner! A banner very similar to this will be part of a fundraising giveaway for Preston here on the blog next week!***)

For the first time, we rented a bounce house. It was - of course - a big hit with the kids. I'm realizing that's all you need for a party: a bounce house and cake.
 
The birthday boy is modeling his custom Woody-style shirt that his mother made for him. Kyle also got a Buzz Lightyear shirt, and had I had more time, I would have liked to make shirts like these for all the kids because they really were quite simple to make!





Other activities included bubble blowing with Landon...

blanket swinging (that was a last minute idea and favorite of our children)...


eating pizza...


a rousing game of pin-the-tail on Bullseye...

candle blowing & birthday wishing...



and present opening (by Grant) and watching the funny Grant expressions (the rest of us).


Happy #5 sweet boy Grant!  Any occasion we have to celebrate YOU, we'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. Your photos from the party are so stinkin' cute! I love the Toy Story theme and shirts! :)

    ReplyDelete