6.08.2011

Grant & the Special Olympics

Back in December 2010, Landon coordinated Air Force volunteers to assist with the Fall Special Olympics Games.  Our little family specifically helped with bowling and Landon and Grant got the honor of throwing out the first bowling bowl to start that portion of the games. We met lots of wonderful people that day and enjoyed our time with them.



Out of that video came another opportunity to be part of something else special.  We were contacted by a production company back in March to be part of a Special Olympics television special to air on KTLA in May. They wanted to film us interacting with Grant, ask us questions about our experiences with him, and show pictures of our lives to help tell the story.  In April they came to film (which was nerve-wracking at the time!) and it aired Memorial Day weekend.  Those on Facebook saw my reminders of when it was to air, but on here I forgot to remind, but we do have the clip now for your viewing pleasure!

We were one of 6 or 7 families and athletes (Grant was the only future athlete!) detailed, so our part is short.  (Which I'm glad of because seeing and hearing myself on the screen was a bit painful at first!) The clip here is just our portion:



Grant and Kyle wanted to watch it over and over again! They liked seeing themselves and mommy and daddy on TV. We were so blessed to be part of this unique experience - any chance we can get to tell our story and tell the world how wonderful it is to raise a child like Grant - we take it!  We're so lucky we get to raise both of these adorable, happy boys.  

3 comments:

  1. With family in town last week, we recorded it and finally had time to sit down and watch it just the other night! Ethan and Hunter were sooo excited to see you all, and kept wanting to watch it over and over again, too!
    You guys did great, and we feel so blessed to know you and Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why i cried but i did!!! I love you guys and think you are amazing! I agree with Kristen, we're so blessed to know you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I'm sitting here crying- you guys were amazing, Katy. I just adore little Grant... and your entire family, of course. I loved the honesty. Katy- you sounded and looked beautiful on camera.

    ReplyDelete