10.27.2010

tis the season for pumpkins


In recent years, I've had fairly minimal holiday decoration. I want to decorate more, but a few things usually hold me back: 1) storage space that is sorely lacking, 2) not many surfaces in our home used purely for decoration, and 3) not wanting to overdo it.  I like there to be reminders of the season, but just not covering every square inch of our home. 

Which brings me to my favorite holiday decor solution: real pumpkins!  I bought several pumpkins at the grocery store the other day and love the fun hints of the season it brings.  Combine that with the other small amount of fall decor I have and it helps get into the Halloween & Thanksgiving spirit. I love the idea of using real pumpkins because they instantly feel like Fall and when the season is over, nothing to store!  Those mini pumpkins are just the cutest things ever.



I have a few other Halloween decorations up (love candy corn stuff) but this is my favorite - a Smores Halloween Tree. I collect those Smores ornaments at Christmas time and Landon bought this for me several years ago.  They're just an inch or so tall and about the most adorable little guys you've ever seen.

I'm thinking I need to get a few more pumpkins to scatter around the house.  Halloween's practically here, but they can stay up until Thanksgiving...then it's time for Christmas decorations!...then nothing pretty much for another 10 months because I make almost no effort to decorate for other holidays. 

I'm excited to see our little monkey (g) and our little dragon (k) in their costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment