11.01.2010

our halloween


 Two days before Halloween, Landon took the afternoon off so we could go celebrate Halloween at Disneyland. We didn't attend the Mickey Trick or Treat Party (we did last year), but knew that kids would be dressed up and decided to bring the boys costumes along as well.  

Presenting, what I would surmise, is the cutest dragon and monkey you've ever seen:


 This species of dragon likes graham crackers and still uses a pacifier. The mommy dragon is planning to get rid of that last thing soon.





Gotta love Disneyland for their fun picture-taking spots. Sure, you have to wait in a short line, but it's well worth it.


 The parade was getting started so we hustled out of the way and headed to other parts of the park.

 Interestingly enough, I thought Kyle wouldn't keep his hood on for a second, yet he left it on his head the whole time.  Grant was the one who kept constantly pushing his hood down.



 Kyle wasn't in to posing with Mickey this time (up at Mickey's house in Toontown), though he's done it several times before. This is as close as we would get alone. Of course Grant was excited and jumped right in with Mickey.


* * *

The next night was our ward (church) trunk or treat where Grant quickly picked up on the idea of going from car to car to get candy.  Not being able to say 'trick or treat', he gave a friendly "Hi!" at every stop, then held up his bag victoriously to show us after every new piece of candy.  Kyle's preferred method was to take the candy in his hand and put it in the treat bag himself - - to each his own!  

Speaking of treat bags, I made a new one for Grant (last year's was really a 'practice' version - this one came out much better) and a coordinating one for Kyle.  Before I put them away for next year, I plan to applique a letter 'k' and 'g' on their respective bags. Hopefully I'll do that before Christmas.  Ha!

1 comment: