9.08.2010

call me...the chocolate chip cookie hunter


I have but three goals for my life --- 1) to raise good children, 2) to finally master using a duvet cover (or reinvent the way it's currently done because WHAT THE HECK) and 3) to find the best and my most favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Do you use parchment paper? Love the stuff.

Today is about the third goal. And I know I'm not alone in this. It seems lately that tons of food blogs are focusing their attention on this very quest. Some people like their cookies more cakey - some more crispy. But the popular gold standard of cookie texture that many are seeking is that happy middle ground: chewy. Moist, chewy, and with just the right density. So here are some links to recipes that I've found but haven't tried yet (this girl's counting her calories and upping her exercise so I'm trying not to make cookies for no good reason....so please! Someone give me a reason!:)

Before the list begins, I must say that I learned one immediate improvement that can be made on the much-used and loved Nestle Toll House recipe - - decrease the number of eggs from two to one. That I have tried and I like the slightly more chewy texture that resulted. I've noticed another common change to the usual recipe is using melted (rather than softened) butter and letting the dough refrigerate for several hours to overnight. That would be difficult.


from browneyedbaker

*this one is for serious cookie bakers only. She goes into some serious detail about measurements and even techniques for getting the right look.

Triple Threat Cookies
by mybakedlove

*okay, technically not your traditional recipe with the addition of peanut butter and oats, but this is one I did make. And peanut butter only makes everything better.


by captiolbaker

*yep, potato chips. Gotta try this just to see.



by bonbini

*wins for my favorite picture of a chocolate chip cookie ever - the gods of food photography smiled upon this one.



by lamiavitadolce

*apparently this is the recipe Martha Stewart loves and/or uses - calls for some chilling so this is not suitable for that mad dash to the kitchen to fulfill a cookie craving.


And in the 'fun' category - just because:


by smellslikehome

*these are right up my alley. YUM.

Orange Creamsicle Cookies
by thegirlwhoateeverything

*she wins for my favorite blog title - and don't those look summery and delectable?


by completelydelicious

*I love these cookies but have never, ever made them - it's a travesty!

If you are Chocolate Chip Cookie hunter like myself, I've just supplied you with a few more recipes to try. If you just love pictures that make food look as good as it tastes, then there you go as well. If you were on a no-cookie diet, then please accept my apologies.
:)

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had some butter in my fridge because those Orange Creamsicle cookies are calling my name! Hello, Cookie Tuesday!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You still haven't figured out the duvet cover?! YOu crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh our duvet is the bane of my existence. It is such a pain! And... my oh my those cookies look amazing! All of them. I want cookies now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I will HAVE to try out those orange creamsicle ones--I think it is quickly becoming a NEED. :P

    And I still haven't figured out an easy way for the duvet cover either...please, PLEASE invent something better.

    ReplyDelete