This was the bliss that was my weekend at the Scrappin Shack (July 22-25). In the lovely mountains around Lake Arrowhead, I and six other ladies spent four days of sleeping, eating, talking, eating, scrapbooking, eating, and movie watching - - basically, pretending we had no responsibilities for an entire long weekend.
.JPG)
Three stories of a beautiful cabin with plenty of space to relax
Comfy chairs, sturdy & large tables, and three TV's for viewing from every seat

.JPG)
.JPG)
After they are taken out of the oven, pop a couple of M&M's and press down gently. They take awhile to cool, especially if it's a warm weekend like we experienced. (These are great to make for holidays - just use holiday colors like red/green for Christmas, red/pink for Valentine's, etc)
I didn't record specific amounts of time, but I suspect we spent more time eating than actually scrapbooking. Here was my contribution: Pretzel Hug Treats.
Very easy to make - the hardest part is unwrapping all those Hugs. You'll start questioning your mental state halfway through, but then before you know it, you're done. Pop these little unwrapped Hugs on a square pretzel and heat in the oven for about 8 minutes at 200-220 degrees.
After they are taken out of the oven, pop a couple of M&M's and press down gently. They take awhile to cool, especially if it's a warm weekend like we experienced. (These are great to make for holidays - just use holiday colors like red/green for Christmas, red/pink for Valentine's, etc)
Didn't know you were getting a recipe, did you?
Above is proof that I did indeed scrapbook on my scrapbooking weekend. I intended to complete Kyle's first year album and nearly accomplished it - a feat that would have likely taken over 15 more years to complete if done entirely at home.
One of two sleeping quarters - I was in the bed in the upper right corner. I don't know why you need to know that, but it seems an important detail nonetheless.
The scrapbook area took up the bottom level, the large bedroom the third level, and the living/kitchen/dining area was on the second level
I can't even describe what it was to experience this weekend - reminded me of being a single gal again where you yourself were the center of your own universe. You ate your meals when you wanted to, slept in (for the most part) when you wanted to, and your every thought was centered on what you wanted and needed to do.
I can't even describe what it was to experience this weekend - reminded me of being a single gal again where you yourself were the center of your own universe. You ate your meals when you wanted to, slept in (for the most part) when you wanted to, and your every thought was centered on what you wanted and needed to do.
Aaahhh....that's all I can say. I loved every minute of it and hope I get to do it again soon.
Lest anyone think I hesitated returning to my life in mommyville - I was quite excited to get back to these boys. Sure, I'm somewhere near the middle/bottom when it comes to who-gets-what-they-want in this house, but this won't last forever. Someday these boys will be grown and I'll give anything to make them little again and spend more time with them. Now, if only I could remember that when Grant's dumped out all my cocoa powder or when Kyle senses a moment he can dart away from me and takes off as fast as he can.








Looks like you had fun! So, I make those pretzel treats too. Except I use rolos and walnuts, instead of kisses and m&ms. Although I have put m&ms on the rolos before too.
ReplyDeletefun! i've been wondering when you'd post again. :) the quilt guild is having a retreat in february in a similar setting, and i'm contemplating it, but don't want to shell out the money ($400). all of the meals would be included. decisions...
ReplyDeleteKaty! How exciting and fun is that! I want to go next time! And thanks for the recipe! My kind of recipe short and sweet and yummy!
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous that I no longer live in California.......
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had fun though and got a lot accomplished!
Because of you, I took advantage of naps all week and got caught up on my scrap booking. Now I need to go buy 2 more albums and about 5 packs of sheet protectors. :-P