7.21.2010

favorite Kyle photos you've never seen

phone - way back last October (4 months!)

Whether these were taken with the phone or weren't yet shown because of the Great Blog Strike of June 2010, here they are now - - my Kyle that is growing entirely too quickly.
don't worry, we didn't lose Grant - he was at school
phone - taken while gallivanting around the base

phone - Costco trips of recent months - I love you Costco for having double carts


friend's birthday party at Disneyland (June)

Father's Day - there were tears when I attempted to take away Grant's crackers for the picture


he can hold the bottle on his own, but still likes mommy to help

I love when it's quiet and I catch them playing nicely, not doing something incredibly naughty

in his pre-independent walking days

since his birthday, Kyle has walked more and more - he's pretty much adopted walking as the next big thing in his little life


I've said it before, but it must be repeated: there is nothing cuter than a little chubby boy learning to walk. That side-to-side wobble and look of pride on his face - it doesn't get much better than this.

I'll miss these little faces so much this weekend. I'm going with some friends to a cabin a few hours away for a weekend of scrapbooking, sleeping, and eating. I'm existing right now between excitement, stress of planning/packing, and the tug at my heart from saying good bye to these boys for a few days.

I think they'll enjoy their Daddy time. Daddy doesn't worry about things that Mommy does and he'll probably just take them to Chuck E. Cheese a few dozen times anyway - for that reason alone Grant will be saying "Mommy who?" For all the aggregate spans of time that I've spent utterly alone with these boys, I think I've earned a little weekend away. But by Sunday afternoon I'll surely be itching to give squeezy hugs to these little boys.

5 comments:

  1. He is so cute and chunky! I love it!
    I couldn't agree more about the costco carts.
    Have fun at your crafty weekend. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, thanks for dropping by. My girlfriends and I are checking out your blog and LOVING it. Your boys are BEYOND cute!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chubby legs! I die! those pictures are soo cute! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping in to pass along a Blogger award! Check it out at: http://ems-reviews-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete