8.07.2010

flashback

Jenna of That Wife discussed in a recent post the need for moms to be in more pictures with their children. I know I'm guilty of staying behind the camera more often than wanting to be in front of it (completely & entirely because of my unhappiness with my weight, otherwise I don't mind being in on the action!) But I'm trying to remember that what's worse than my own feelings of diminished pride at my less-than-perfect body, is patches of time where I'm not in pictures with my children. How sad to look back and not see your mother in her youth holding, loving, and playing with you?


In light of her urging that we slowly let go of that which holds us back from capturing ourselves and our children, she asked us to post pictures of ourselves with our own mothers and (if we had children) pictures of us with our kids.


First picture that came to mind? This one:

July 1983

Love my mom's beautiful smile and even the blurred aspects of it I love for some reason. I pulled this out of my own archives, but it's inspired me to get more of my baby/childhood pictures from my mom to scan and save to disk. I'd love to have those images. First I'll start with the small number I have. Which may bring on a new feature "Flashback Friday" - possibly replacing Ten on Tuesday which seems to have gone all the way of the earth.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete