skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I wish I could grow my own vegetables. I know many people around here that do, so I know the climate in Southern CA is great for strawberries, tomatoes, and many other things, but it's me - I kill plants. If I'm ever allowed to have a garden, I'll need adult supervision. Since I can't cultivate my own wholesome goodness, I love the Farmer's Market. We hadn't been in quite a long time - going I remembered why I loved it so much. There is something about being outdoors with tables and tables of fresh vegetables and fruit that just makes you want to eat healthier. I've always ate my veggies like a good girl, but I sometimes forget to make them a priority. The farmers market is such a treat to the eyes as well that it always gets me re -motivated to eat more wholesome food. I even love the breads, dips, and other baked goods that are sold there. Just look at those strawberries though - to die for!
The tomatoes and fresh basil inspired bruschetta (a huge head of basil for only a couple of dollars!) With some bell peppers and hummus, it made the perfect light dinner.
With the remaining bell peppers and french bread (and a little sprinkling of basil), a few days later we enjoyed this tri-pepper spaghetti and meatballs. Oh, and I really like photographing food. Reeealllly like it. Can I - with a little more training - get a side job photographing food for cookbooks? That would be heaven. All cookbooks need good pictures (I usually won't make something if I can't see a picture of it first). I'd love arranging the food, getting just the right light and angle, and I wouldn't have to tell the food to look at the camera for the 20th time or stop pushing on your brother or just a few more, be patient.
While I'm discussing fabulous food pictures and food itself, allow me to share my new favorite site in the whole world: foodgawker. I've inundated Facebook with my links to that site recently, but I'm sorry - when I find something so appetizing and exciting I must share. I dare you to go to that site and not immediately develop a craving for something.
You do cultivate your wholesome goodness, just not in the garden.
ReplyDelete