1. Kyle was born this day one year ago at 11:03 a.m. - thus continuing my two in a row streak of having morning babies. We waited and waited for him and I was starting to think we were going to have a July baby...
2. At 9 lbs 15 oz and with an epidural that wasn't working for most of the time, I can say FOR SURE that I don't want to go the al naturale route next time if I can at all help it. If I can be promised smaller babies - say in the 7 lb range - I'll think about it.
3. I know it induces eye rolls (especially if you're familiar with Seriously So Blessed), but Kyle really is the most easy-going, happy baby. I could tell that about him from day one and so far that hasn't changed. Grant was an extremely easy baby and some how I got another one like him.
4. Kyle is my try-anything good eater. Thank you Kyle - you and Mommy will get along just fine for this reason! I can't think of his favorite food - he likes too many things - but one thing he eats everyday is a banana. That boy loves bananas.
5. Kyle has his daddy's coloring and most resembles Landon (I and most people think), but when he smiles and laughs, I think he looks like me then.
6. He's recently learned that if he wants a toy (and to actually play with it thanks to a certain older brother), he's got to grab it and crawl away as fast as he can.
7. You'll often find this boy crawling up something - the stairs, the slide, anything that looks conquerable. He's developing along nicely, will become a steady walker any day now (I'm not worried), and even took his first steps on my birthday last week!!
8. I can't remember if I shared the rest of this - but here's the other recent talents and skills: waving, kissing, high-fiving, crawling, climbing, knocking on doors, copying big brother, head-butting (not of fan of this one :), saying da-da, babbling in his baby language, and almost walking.
9. At 12 months, he's now wearing at least a size 2 - actually, many of Grant's clothes fit Kyle pretty well already.
10. Kyle is my proof that is absolutely possible for love to multiply. You wonder if you'll love your second child as much as your first and with his birth I learned with 100% certainty that love is a matter of multiplication, not division.
6.29.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Love IS a matter of multiplication!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Dear Kyle!! ♥