6.22.2010

ten on tuesday 6/22: me edition

Aren't these about me anyway? Hm.

1. I was born 28 years ago today at Mesa General Hospital in Mesa, AZ. I was almost delivered entirely by the nurse because I wasn't waiting around for the doctor to show up. I weighed in at 9 lbs 1 oz (I thought that was big until I had Kyle!).

2. I'm the fifth of six children - two older sisters, two older brothers, and one younger sister.

3. My younger sister and I pretty good imaginations and played together well (for the most part!) Barbies, drawing large houses with sidewalk chalk, and coming up plays were a few things we did often. You could also find me reading all the time - especially The Babysitters Club series.

4. The first CD I ever owned was Ace of Base. I knew every word of those songs. So 90's of me.

5. We moved quite a bit as a child and teenager. I don't really look at this negatively though because it really taught me how to make friends quickly and be more comfortable with change.

6. I vividly remember life before cell phones. In fact, a guy in high school had one at it was kind of not cool and nerdy that he did. As if "oh, you're so important you need to have a cell phone at school?" How time's have changed.


7. I graduated from high school in 2000 (no.way. it's been ten years). I remember even from the 2nd grade our teachers and schools making a big deal over us being the Class of 2000.

8. Landon and I graduated from the same university at the same month and year - we even got to walk together with his College of Engineering. Your welcome family who came and we didn't make you sit through two long ceremonies!

9. I would say I'm a jack of all trades, but that sounds too generous. What's one step below 'jack?' Anyway, I dabble and have interests in so many things but have mastered none. Maybe baking is the one thing I'm best at. And obsessing over the details when I plan a party. One thing I've tried and utterly failed (and probably won't attempt again) is crocheting. I start twitching when I even think about it.

10. If you can't find me, check Target first. It's my hands-down favorite store. There was just one within driving distance when we moved here and now there is three. Awesome. Oh, and is it just me or do other people find that they go to different Targets depending on what they are looking for? Different Targets have slightly different stuff, right?

5 comments:

  1. happy birthday!!

    you and i have a lot in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh happy birthday dear friend! Almost ten years since we were happy roommates too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Have a swell day!!

    And by-the-way, I had some disneyland related questions for you--like do you know when a good time to go in the fall is? Are there ways to get tickets for cheaper/discounted? Jared and I really want to take the kids maybe later in the year for maybe a day or two and I know you go all the time, so I thought I'd ask an expert. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *happy birthday!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally go to different Targets! :o) I'll even go to different stores based on their parking lot options (LOVE the one in Carson on a sunny day!!) And, honestly, (shame on me) I don't really like the one on Gaffey. Which is saying a LOT considering my love for Target runs deep and wide.

    ReplyDelete