6.18.2010

eclipse - the event

*This post is brought to you by my cell phone, and at times, my taller friend Kelly.

I unabashedly admit my love for Twilight - the books, the movies, everything. It's not just the story or the characters, but I've always had this extra connection to it all because of how much I identify with the author Stephanie Meyer. This isn't some random author I have nothing in common with - she grew up in the same metro area I did (actually very close to where my husband's family live in AZ), we went to the same college, share the same religion, and are in similar places in our lives - young motherhood. I always say 'It's as if *I* could have wrote these books.' But I didn't. Because if I did, I'd be off counting my millions of dollars instead of blogging right now. Maybe I'd hire someone to blog for me.

Anyway, that all kind of has to do with what I did on Monday.

Kelly, Beth, me
This past Monday I - with my two other fellow Twilight lovers - braved the Hollywood crowd and spend over 5 hours in line to attend a Q & A event with nearly the entire cast of Eclipse (the third of the Twilight movies). My other two friendlies were the ones that got the tickets and planned most of it - I'm just so lucky they invited me along for the ride! I found a sitter (two actually) for the boys and at midday Monday, we were off.

This Q & A event was following a special taping of Jimmy Kimmel Live with most of the Eclipse cast, which we tried, but were unsuccessful at getting tickets for. Following the taping, the cast made their way outside for questions and such - that's what we attended.

In the line waiting for all this to happen, we made friends with another group of moms our age. We chatted, ran for the fences like crazed teenagers when those black Suburbans pulled up, and yours truly was even interviewed by Cameron Mathison for Good Morning America.



Yep. That Good Morning America. I don't know if it really will air AND I'll be significantly embarrassed if it does, but at least I have this photographic proof.

Ashley Greene talking to Beth
When they finally allowed us to line up in front of the outdoor stage area, we were quite pleased to find ourselves just two rows from the front. All that line waiting payed off! When the cast came in and we were in such good picture-taking and oogling distance from them, then we were even more pleased. My only wish is that it had lasted longer - and the three of us unanimously agreed that the audience questions that were chosen were ridiculous (we had some good ones!) - but despite incredibly tired feet, we were thrilled with our fun day.
My cell phone makes it's national debut in the picture below from this site
What a fun, rare treat! I owe it all to two crazy, lovely friends - two other friends who wonderfully cared for my boys until Landon got home - and lastly Landon - who indulges the experiences I want to and get to have here.
The JKL Special airs Wednesday, June 23rd and the movie comes out on June 30th!

4 comments:

  1. oh em gee - I am so jealous of you!!! Sounds like a fantastic time! Hope your clip does make it on tv - if so, please post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how awesome! I'm a closet TWIHARD but it sounds like an awesome time. Wow! you were so close! AHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow!!! I can't believe how close you were!!!! *squee*

    Sounds like an amazing time...I really need to get my bottom down to SoCal so I can do stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOO fun Katy!! {And I'm a little jealous.}

    Now I'm going to have to DVR JKL tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete