6.08.2010

ten on tuesday 6-8

1. I really need to share some pictures of Kyle. That kid is growing so fast!

2. Kyle's monkey party is going to consist of some serious cuteness. I'm recycling some of Grant's 2nd birthday ideas, but with some additional surprises.

3. I'm finding that the absolute most difficult part of exercise is...just getting my shoes on. If I can get the motivation to put on my shoes and go, the rest is a piece of cake.

4. Grant's teacher-aide missed him when we has out of school during his recovery. Her exact words via text message: "...glad to have him back. My day is just not the same w/out my little bit of sunshine!"

5. Our anniversary was last Monday (Memorial Day). In keeping with my blogging funk, I didn't do the requisite 'Seven Things I Love about You' Post or something like that to celebrate our 7 years.

6. ...and we spent our anniversary doing the mother-of-all baby proofing around the house. We called it the "Taking Back the House - 2010". These boys can't mess with anything around here anymore!

7. One of my missions in life is to find my own personal favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. The most recent version I baked ended in epic failure. That is - if I wasn't willing to eat cookie dough. Which I am. So it ended okay.

8. For the first time ever, I'm going to a midnight showing of a movie in a few weeks to see Eclipse. I'm excited to see the movie, but originally planned to see it at normal, waking hours. Peer pressure is a powerful thing.

9. I've done another guest post over at That Wife (don't know when it will be published) on the prevalent, off-hand use of 'retarded' and 'retard' in our everyday language. And if you'll allow me to state the obvious...I'm against it. But since I've posted about it before, no surprise there.

10. Last night's interesting dream: I was playing tennis with Edward Cullen, Bella, and various other vampires of which I may or may not have been one myself. I was horribly embarrassed that I couldn't hit any of the tennis balls - which leads me to believe I probably wasn't a vampire. Vampires have notoriously good reflexes and I was utterly pathetic.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post. I would go to the midnight showing if my husband wasn't a scared little boy when it comes to being a lone with the baby (who sleeps soundlessly all night) by himself. I'm jealous - it will be so fun! Or you'll be super tired... I don't know, I'll have to come back and check.

    And I read your guest post- I recognized it was you once I saw the picture of your boy. Since I had just read the post below this morning! I was excited I knew who you were! I felt important and stuff. haha. Anyway, thank you for the viewpoint of a mother of a child with special needs. I just thought he had the cutest sweetest smile! I guess I didn't realize he had Down Syndrome. You are such a wonderful example and an important advocate for your son and others like him.

    I hope you'll find my comment on her post (it's a little long), but I'm so glad I stopped using that word long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just re-read all of the Twilight books, and so I too have been having some serious vampire dreams!

    Thanks for the guest post over at Jenna's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish putting on shoes was the hardest part about getting me to exercise!

    Sooo glad you're gonna experience a midnight showing of a movie!! It's b-a-n-a-n-a-s, but super fun!

    ReplyDelete