5.04.2010

ten on tuesday 5/4

1. Is it really May? Really? As in next month is June? My brain cannot process nor comprehend that it's almost been a year since Kyle was born.

2. I'm recycling Grant's 2nd birthday party for Kyle's big day - a monkey party! I figured: hey, all the people that were at that party won't be at this party, so it will be brand new to them. Plus, I just have to make that monkey cake again.

3. Kyle is blowing raspberries and got another tooth this week - making the grand total of 5 teeth. He also loves to play with the broom now. Grant's making the 'mmmm' sound more. When he wants more graham crackers, I make him practice his mmm's first.

4. I think every single store out there needs double-child cart sitting like at Costco. Either that, or Costco needs to start carrying everything I will ever possibly need because I can't go to a store without double seating anymore.


5. I may be totally alone in this - but I have words I just can't say. They just are not in my vocabulary. Some of those words include hubby, preggers (and it's cousin preggo), irregardless, and playdate. The first two are just too cutesy for me, the third should bug everyone because it's bad grammar, and the last is just...I don't know..too prestigious for what it really is? I completely realize I'm SUCH a weirdo for admitting this, but I get so distracted by those words for some reason!

6. As for words I do use often (I concede that these may drive other people crazy), I'm always saying redunkulous and ginormous - the soullessly butchered forms of their respectable origins, yes - but I just think they're funny. Also, not a day goes by that I don't utter some random quote from The Simpsons.

7. Landon thinks it's funny when people say "we're pregnant" - he says it's a physically impossible statement. Might I add: two women speaking in first person in unison can say that. Perhaps what people mean to say is "we're expecting" because it is possible for both husband and wife to experience expectation of something.

8. I hope Brian Regan is coming to LA soon. We're huge fans and have to go to one his shows - he's the funniest guy around and incredibly clean with his humor too...that's a combination you don't see everyday.

9. One basic item has never before brought me more frustration: duvet covers. So...let me get this straight...we now can surf the Internet via little tiny computers held in the palm of our hand that ALSO work as phones, but duvet covers are still ridiculously hard to use (or should I say redunkulous). (p.s. Angie I need your help)

10. I love freshly baked cookies, but eating cookies in their dough form can be better described as that of a religious experience.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA!! I can't believe that you still haven't figured out how to put the duvet cover on!! I'll be right over..... oh wait, no I won't. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was starting to think I was the only person in the whole world who doesn't say hubby and preggers/preggo. I just can't stand those words, I'm so glad to know there is someone else out there, thank goodness!!
    -Kristin
    PS I found your blog form thatwifeblog when you did a guest post the other day :)

    ReplyDelete