It goes by other names with other people or manufacturers, but basically you stick your photos in the divided page protectors (like a photo album). If you want to spend time on a layout for a picture(s) you love - great. Just want to stick them in the divided slots and call it a day? Great as well. It's a combination photo album and scrapbook altogether in one place. You can pick that favorite picture or two from a Disney trip to make a layout, then stick the rest in the protectors. Easy. Why in the world did someone not come up with this before?
.jpg)
A couple of Saturdays ago - after stockpiling several sets of these divided protectors and the regular 12x12 whole ones, I went through a half year's worth of pictures and decided which were going in the divided slots and which I would do a layout (far more went into the divided page protectors I found!).
I seriously only want to do layouts for those pictures I love - I enjoy this hobby, but not enough to constantly feel guilty for not being 'caught up.' I don't like my pictures living on the computer - I want them printed, but without the stress of having to 'do' something with all of them.

If you notice, those pictures that I do intend to make a layout for are just sitting in the page protector until I get to them. Those are second in priority. First is getting the pictures in the album in the first place (I love the Classic Leather We R Memory Keepers 3-Ring). I'll add some paper, design ideas, and other stuff to that page protector until I get the time or mojo to complete it. Until then, it can wait patiently.
After all, I've got to spend time now obsessively researching and deciding which type of car seat to get for Grant now that Kyle has outgrown his and needs to move up.
It's between the Britax Frontier and the Graco Nautilus - I have a feeling that by the time I settle on one, he will have outgrown them anyway...








My best friends husband is a fire chief... he is guy everyone in Sacramento goes to for carseat advice- does talks all over Nor Cal on carseat safety. The only carseat he will put his children in is the Sunshine Kids Radian 80. He said second choice is anything by Britax.
ReplyDeleteWe love our Radian 80 for Deacon... no, it's not throne and comfortable huge chair Britax offers- but it's so safe and compact (perfect for our small little Prius).
LOOOOOVE THE SCRAPBOOKING LAYOUTS. That is going to be what I have to do. I LOVE to scrapbook, but who has time??? I LOVE YOU FOR THIS!
I love the last layouts and those two cute little boys!! I hope Ethan and Grant remember each other when they see each other next. They got along so well! :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas!! I need to catch up... I left off at Christmas!!
And we love our Britax! It's not the Frontier one, but we still love it!
So fun! I've actually bought some of the page protectors like that too... I've just not had any time to sit down with them! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd, for what it's worth, I love Noah's Graco MyRide 65 - RFing capabilities to 40lbs and it's super comfy. Not to mention it has TWO cupholders - a necessity now for sippy cups and toy cars. But it is a little bigger than Ellie's Britax.
This is genius! I love it! Like a lot~! So, do you buy the page protectors from share and tell?
ReplyDeleteI swear sometimes I think you are my long lost sister--we have way too much in common to not be related!
AWESOME! Thank you SO much for posting this entry. I've been wondering how all the other busy moms keep up (or not) their scrapbooking and I LOVE this system. Hallejuah!
ReplyDeleteI just printed off photo books for each of the kids for last year, decided I'd finish actual scrapbooking the year before that and only be 4 months behind, instead of 1.5 YEARS. But, I like this new system and will probably make the switch to this. It makes so much sense! THANK YOU FOR SHARING! i love it.