2. LOST: two words. Uh...okay? Actually that's how I felt for a little while, but the more I've thought and reflected (yes, I pause in thought and reflection over TV shows...what?) I've realized that it's okay we didn't get some of the factual information answered. We've got some closure. I'm going to miss that show.
3. These past few weeks have been full of all-of-a-sudden learning spurts for Kyle: using a walk toy, giving kisses, climbing the stairs, and now waving. Tomorrow he'll attempt base jumping followed by a lecture on Einstein and string theory.
4. I bought the Jessica Seinfeld book "Deceptively Delicious" a few years ago, but just rediscovered how great it is. Not only for Grant (using the pita pizza/spinach idea), but for us as well! We could all stand to mix in more fruits and veggies where we can.
5. Thanks to a marathon steaming/roasting/pureeing session on Saturday, I'm now stocked up in veggie purees. Already added banana to the egg mixture for french toast and it came out great.
6. I don't cry when my kids get shots - it's only hurts for a second. Besides, the less I get worked up, the less they get upset. But when Grant gets his blood drawn, I always get teary-eyed. They always have to stick him twice and dig around. It's not pleasant.
7. Glee had me cheering last week. Loved that they had Dream On (Aerosmith) and the Safety Dance number was awe-some.8. In other TV and singing news - I'm so rooting for Lee Dewyze! He's really won me over the last several weeks. I think he's got it.
9. I so need to let this go, but when I hear about other people having babies around here and getting weeks of meals, I get a little sad thinking about last summer. Except for my wonderful Angie, no one came by or offered any meals. I was having an incredibly hard time with nursing -was constantly getting sick - and we felt so alone sometimes. Actually though, I HAVE tried turning that disappointment into action by trying to remember others in this way. I need to do much better in the 'service-to-others' department.
10. I took pictures of the TV to show where we sat at American Idol. I take pictures of weird, random things all the time, but I felt exceptionally weird taking pictures of the TV screen for some reason.








Love this weeks 10!! I had a simialr experience when I had Bryant. One lady came to visit me and she did not have a meal, but a plate of cookies. Still so sweet, but we were in Hawaii and I already felt very alone! I know exactly how you felt! There were 3 or 4 other girls who had babies around the same time and it seemed like they were always having someone take them something. I even was asked to take a meal in to one of them. It was a little heart breaking!
ReplyDeleteOn the flip side I have been a lot better about making an effort to provide service to others. Just because I know how it feels not to have it... I guess?? Not perfect, but at least better!:)
I hope Grant is doing okay! It is so much harder on the parents! I wonder if you could grind up the graham crackers into a smoothie? Poor guy! We will be praying and thinking of you!
1.)I love Deceptively Delicious!! Sweet potato french toast! YUM!!
ReplyDelete2.) Lost... still confused and no one to discuss it with (except Greg who just says "that was stupid!")
3.) Go Crystal!!!
4.) I honestly don't remember what we made for you guys when Kyle was born, but I'm glad you do and that it made you feel better!
5.) I hope Grant is doing well!
Miss you guys! :-)
Guess I just need to break down and buy DD. And ditto on LOST. I was annoyed.... but at least I got to {finally!} hear him say, "I love you" to Kate. It's been a. long. time. coming.
ReplyDeleteAnd don't get me started on Glee... Will S. singing my beloved Aerosmith??! Melt. my. heart!!!
But seriously... I'm sorry about the meals. Normally, I'm pretty good about sending our out-of-town friends a gift card {for pizza, etc.}, but somehow I totally forgot. I'm so sorry! If it makes you feel any better, we were brought two meals with Noah and none with Ellie. At least with Ellie though, my parents were here to help feed us {and Noah} while we were driving back and forth from the NICU. Good for you for taking that awareness to help others! <3