5.27.2010

American Idol

Did you watch the finale last night? See who won?

It was Lee Dewyze - just who I was rooting for. Actually, either one completely deserved to win and both are great. I'm sure Crystal will still go on and get some fame & opportunity out of all this. All the previous seasons I would only make it point to watch the very beginning (got to love those audition episodes!) and then the very, very end. Thanks to DVR, this was the first season that I actually saw every show.

So when my friend Kelly calls me one Thursday night (on my way home from Disneyland...boy, what a life I lead!) to tell me she got tickets for her and her husband and wanted to invite Landon and I - of course I said yes! Plus, it was Simon's final year AND Bon Jovi was performing.

We picked up the guys directly from work in the mid-afternoon and made our way to Hollywood. After standing in the looongest line, it was confirmed that we would be going in (our tickets plus getting in line soon enough guaranteed your spot). The tickets we had were for the standing room sections on either side of the stage, but we were informed that those spots were already filled. But not to worry! Because of our place in line, we would get the chance to fill VIP seats towards the front. We didn't get to sit right next our friends, but they sat one row ahead. No matter what, we didn't care what happened. We were just happy to get in!

We weren't allowed to bring any cameras or phones whatsoever so the photog in me cried inside when I realized I wouldn't have any actual pictures of us in or outside the studio.

Of course, we recorded the show and I took these FANTASTIC pictures of my TV screen (yeah, they're not fantastic, but let's pretend shall we?) to show the world the three occasions we made our television debut.

#1: at the very beginning as Ryan Seacrest walks down from the back of the studio, he talks for a quick second to the guy right next to Landon

#2: to the right, then over Ryan's shoulder as he introduces Bon Jovi (what we were most excited about!)


#3: Michael Lynch was voted off - here we are as he's singing his goodbye song. Standing right in front are our friends, Chad & Kelly (aka: the ones responsible for the fun night!)
Zoomed in a little better, though the quality certainly isn't better. We aren't this pixelated in real life, I promise.

After the taping (live for the East coast, aired later that night for everyone else), we hit The Grove for some great Italian food and drove home to a darling friend who was watching the boys for us. It was a long day for her - we owe her big time!

A great night - a date night that was a long time coming, a concert, and in the company of two fun friends.

4 comments:

  1. How awesome is that! This is the first season we've ever watched it--so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminded me of the time that we went on The Price is Right. None of us made it up to play any of the games but we had my mom tape it and then analyzed the video to try to spot ourselves. :)

    Very cool that you were able to be there in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were a fan! I went a few weeks ago (the week when Big Mike was saved) and we went to the Grove afterward also! We ran into Lee there and got a picture with him!!! It was so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So cool that you got to be there! What a fun night!

    ReplyDelete