I love to share good finds - stuff, websites, etc. Here are some things I just couldn't keep to myself:
Many of you are already familiar with this popular handmade site. I've been on that site a lot recently. I love browsing and marking favorite items. Some I mark for ideas of things I could create myself, but most are things I'd like to come back & purchase. Almost everytime I'm looking for something decorative, a gift, or even something for myself, lately I check here first.
If you look on the right side of my blog-----------> you'll find some of my favorites from various shops (now anytime you think 'Gee, Katy is great. I'd like to get her a present' you'll know what to get me. Christmas, birthday, Valentines Day, Mothers Day .... Arbor Day...anything)

This is a recent discovery. If you'll looking for way cute dresses & other clothes in a wide variety of sizes, this is the place. Having always been a bit more shapelier (yeah, that's a nice way to put it..) and in need of different items to fit in different ways, I was drawn in.
But when I saw that you could customize sleeve lengths, hem lengths, necklines, and other things, I WAS IN LOVE. I'm so glad that finally there is a clothing maker out there that realizes that we all. have. different. bodies. Some of us also like to wear cute stuff, but desire more control over modesty as well. The prices aren't too shabby either-at least not for this level of customization. Thank you eSkati, thank you.
*hand-stamped jewelry
This is another popular thing right now and there are a ton of people that sell these personalized necklaces, bracelets, and other metal stuff. The makers and sellers of this jewelry are mostly stay-home moms looking to make some extra money and there is no shortage of people that make this metal jewelry and sell it on etsy or their own private websites.
My favorites are The Vintage Pearl, Sweet Tea Shoppe, Pampering Beki (now The Rusted Chain), and Lisa Leonard. I dare you to look on one of their sites and not want everything they create. The only reason I don't already have a cool, hand stamped necklace with our names/initials on it is because I freeze up and become incapacitated every time I try to choose (remember me mentioning being indecisive...don't laugh, it's a serious affliction).
But I've got a solution!! For Mother's Day, I'm going to narrow down my favorite five necklaces for him to personalize with the boys' names / our names, etc. and let him surprise me with the final decision. That way I know I'll love it without my brain exploding from making the choice. It's a win-win, really.
I did however order a beautiful hand-stamped necklace from this etsy seller raising money for the Haitian relief effort. This:


I love it and it gives me warm fuzzies.









No comments:
Post a Comment