2.18.2010

cards

Just little 'ol me here sharing a little card-love.
We made this waterfall card at our last Stampin' Up party - you pull the ribbon and all the little squares kind of angle up...uh, it's hard to explain. But I love the cards we make there because I never would have come up with this idea in a hundred million years.

I used one of the stamps on the card to stamp the back of the envelope and I just had to point out my precision stamping - the little heart landed smack in the point of the top flap.
Okay, it was just dumb luck, but I'm a crafty nerd so I was pleased with myself.


This month's card swap idea by moi


I had a few smaller envelopes I wanted to use up/get rid of, so I also included this little card. I saw the quote in a frame as part of a friend's Valentine decor. After I declared it "Katy's Personal Value Statement for 2010" I knew I'd make it into a card or something.


Obviously I didn't make this. I don't think Stampin' Up makes an Edward Cullen stamp yet. My valentine gave me this card. Even cooler than realizing that Landon was actually secure enough in his husband-ness to buy this is the music that plays when you open it - yes music. It plays Clair de Lune - any Twilight fan is already familiar with it, but non-Twilighters may remember this song as the one that plays at the end of Ocean's Eleven during the water show. Of course, Clair de Lune came about in the early 1900's, so you may be familiar with it for that reason, but now I'm rambling.

So there's your Friday Show-and-Tell...just like in 2nd grade.

3 comments:

  1. Your cards are sooo cute!
    If you ever get on Skype, I could show you some of the cards that I have made recently!! That is, if you ever get on Skype!!!!!!! ;-) Miss you and your crafty-nerdiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! YES, get on Skype Katy!!!

    Love the cards! And that stamp - DARLING! And, good job Landon... I love, love the fact that he got you a Twilight card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great cards Katy... can I just say how impressed I am that you have time to do this on top of raising those two adorable boys?!?!

    ReplyDelete