2.23.2010

ten on tuesday 2-23

1. When we have another baby, I'm SO buying one of those fashionable hospital gowns that people make now (know what I'm talking about?) or I'll just make sure I bring along a really cute robe. The pukey, horrid green color of my hospital gown is the first thing I notice when I look back at those early pictures with Kyle.

2. Okay, I have to admit this (and hope I'm not alone). When I dress the boys, I feel like I have to coordinate them in some way. Not match - but if one is wearing darker-type colors, so must the other. If one is in lighter-ish colors, so must the other. It really bothers me if their clothes clash too much. I'm insane.

3. I already mentioned Grant's new-found willfulness last week, but I'm not joking - the kid has been replaced by some other little person that is not. listening. to. his. mommy.


4. Dear Lady Gaga: I'm really digging some of your songs and I get it that you like to dress way over the top (pushing the boundaries of fashion...blah, blah, blah) but seriously - - at this point, people would flip out if you just showed up somewhere in a t-shirt and jeans. Think about it.


5. Landon is in Alabama for a month starting yesterday. He's there for the SOS course - Saturday I knew what the SOS stood for, but now can't recall it to save my life.

6. One of my favorite things about Landon is how well he takes care of our finances. He's the perfect combination of someone who is frugal, but also knows when it's worth it to spend a little extra money. I don't have to worry that he'll spend all our money carelessly, but I also don't have to worry he'll be too much of a cheapskate with everything. Our financial compatibility is one of my favorite things about our marriage.

7. When adding salt and pepper to my food, I must do the salt first.

8. I just had my first Pampered Chef party last week and it went great. Food + cool kitchen items + the chance to be with friends = Happy Katy.

9. My favorite purchases in the last year or so: my Nikon dSLR, our double jogging stroller, and my iPod shuffle.

10. When we upgrade to a larger vehicle, I'm hoping for a newer style Honda Odyssey. I think they're hot - and though the hip, youthful person I thought I was just died a little by saying that, I'm so excited to get one someday. I dream at night about the added space for people and stuff. It's getting a tad cramped in the Civic.

4 comments:

  1. SOS=Squadron Officer School... it's one of the few school names I can remember. :)

    Oh Granty. When did you learn to how to call Noah to talk about how the two of you could drive your Momma's crazy by not listening?

    And seriously, don't you want one of those "Swagger Wagons" instead? Those commericals CRACK me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA on the Lady Gaga post... SO true. She would totally weird people out with just wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Maybe she could be crazy and just wear the t-shirt and some cool underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I ever knew what SOS meant until I read Samantha's comment. :-)
    And I think Grant and Noah put Ethan on three way when they talked because Ethan's new favorite word is "no".
    Oh and we are seriously considering a Honda Odyssey too! Everyone out here has one and I am so in love! :-)
    Oh yeah, one more thing! I want to start doing this ten on tuesday too, but mine would match up way too closely with yours because we are scarily alike in so many ways! ;-)
    I miss you so much friend!!

    ReplyDelete