2.16.2010

ten on tuesday 2-16

1. To say 'I love polka dots' doesn't quite capture it, so I looked up some synonyms for love: adulation, delight, enchantment, fancy, fondness, inclination, and relish - that's more like it.

2. The whole crib-to-bed transition has been quite easy. Grant's still doing very well with it. He may resist going upstairs and getting on his pjs, but as soon as I read a book and turn off the light, he willingly gets under the covers. He even waves good-bye as I close the door!

3. If we were wealthy, I wouldn't necessarily want a big home - big houses and super nice cars are not that big of deal to me. But I would find myself spending big money on furniture and decor.

4. I won almost all our class spelling bees in the 4th grade, but when I got to the school bee, I choked on my very first word: abandonment.

5. Landon calls me a spelling snob because I can't believe that other people misspell so many words (especially the ones that I think are obvious and that you should have learned in the 3rd grade).

6. I can't decide which version of the movie Little Women that I like more - the 1949 June Allyson version or the 1994 Winona Ryder version. So I just like them both equally.

7. Grant is in this willfully disobedient stage - he's does the exact opposite I want him to and watches me to see if I'll actually stop him or not. I'm ready to move on to the 'always obedient' stage.

8. At the risk of sounding anti...something, I admit I really don't get into the Olympics. I might watch a few events, but other than that, I just don't get that Olympic fever. Same thing with the Super Bowl - it's the only time of year I look forward to commercials though.

9. My family makes a mean Strawberry Pretzel Salad, but since I have issues with making Jello, I don't attempt to make it without supervision.

10. I'm worried I'll run out of things to write here and/or fear others will get sick of reading it, so I'm also considering 'Five on Friday'. Less pressure.

3 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on the spelling thing (and easy grannar too)! haha ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it every Tuesday and it makes me happy! Keep doing it!!! The more random the better. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Women?

    What about the 1933 Katherine Hepburn version.

    I thought June Allison was too "girlie" to be Jo.

    ReplyDelete