12.03.2009

the haircut

Prologue:
For the past two years, Grant's hair was consistently curly. I would just trim it up a tad now & then and the curliness remained. Over the past few months however, his hair required more humidity to be curly, which meant most days it just hung wavy and in his eyes. As sad as it was to see the last of the curl go, I couldn't have him as a ragamuffin anymore.

Before
(yikes)

During
(this is about as happy as he looked)

After
(despite the look on his face, there was no torture involved...just a haircut)

the Happier After

...and he's outta there.

He entered as a 3 1/2 year old and exited as a slightly-more-dapper 3 1/2 year old, which was fitting considering his little brother was going to be blessed the next day.

(isn't it clever how these posts run together?)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my soul. SO grown up Granty!

    And you are much more braver than I, Katy... I did shed a few tears when Noah got his first professional cut over Thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my WORD! Look how big he is.. that's not to make you sad, that's to make you proud! Friend, he' so handsome. I can't believe how grown up he has gotten.

    ReplyDelete