10.29.2009

coming soon

Pictures from

and

* * *

Tonight is the Mickey Mouse Trick or Treat Party
at California Adventures - - if we get to see Mickey Mouse, I don't think Mickey realizes how lucky he is to possibly meet his biggest fan (Grant).

And - as we all know - to properly trick or treat,
you need a handy receptacle for storing all that chocolate and sugar goodness.

Seriously folks, I made this.

It's a trick or treat bag for Grant. This being Grant's first Halloween as a walker - and thus able to full-fledged trick or treater - I knew I needed to get him something fun to hold his candy.
(actually, who am I kidding? Grant doesn't eat candy-the candy is for mommy)

I saw this tutorial and it looked perfect. It's simplicity, well-written instructions, and pictures ensured that even I could attempt this. To those gals who know their way around a sewing machine, this is nothing. But it's been years since I've attempted...on my own...anything harder than a valance, so the fact that I made a functioning bag has left me pretty impressed with myself.
When I mastered boxing the corners, I felt like a superhero. But there are mistakes that really bug me and that will force me to make this the 'practice bag', though this bag will have to be good enough for tonight.

1) I don't like how I attached the felt candy corn pieces I made (next time I'll zigzag)
2) those pieces are a little too large
3) and I sewed the seam allowance too big -cutting in too close to the candy corn.

The next two I'll bust out much quicker - now that I've figured out linings and boxing corners and all. I'm thinking a candy corn design for Grant and a pumpkin design for Kyle.

Oh, speaking of Kyle....

Happy 4 Months Mr. Kyle-Smile (that's today)

and

Happy First Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! As soon as we are all better, we can get together. Super cute bag, LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend! You came to UTAH and didn't see me:( I'm hurt~
    PS: I never got Kyle's announcement

    ReplyDelete