Come along on a little journey through time. It all began in the late 70's - a era of interesting clothing, music, and a time when obviously the world was tinted a peculiar shade of orange...



almost 2 years old
*evidence (1 of 2) of where Grant's curls come from
Preschool (3ish??)
*bye-bye curls
Kindergarten
*could this young face get any cuter? Little-girl me would SO have had a crush on him, but considering I was only about 2 years old at this time, it never would have worked out anyhow
4th grade
*well on his way to becoming the super-human math & science genius he is today
High school (9th grade)
*yep, would have totally thought he was cute if I had known him then and found subtle ways to pass him in the hall at school and church
19 years old
*getting ready to honorably serve a mission to Peru for our church

(and as a result now speaks Spanish fluently)
21 years old
*okay, this is where I do finally come into the picture - and I did have a major crush on him

meeting/dating me - pretty much the best days of his life

25 years old
*the other best day of his life
30 years old
*and the other best days of his life (3.24.06 and 6.29.09 to be exact)
* * *
Here's to 31 more years...and then 31 more after that because 62 years isn't long enough.
A big thanks to your mom for going through all those hours of labor & childbirth on that October night during the World Series - all to bring you here and eventually to me.
Thanks for sharing your last 10 birthdays with me - for finding funny what I find funny, for taking care of all our wants and needs, and for forgiving me when I forget to fill up the humidifier. I'm working on it.
(oh, and thanks a million times over for the two most awesome little boys in the world)
Happy Birthday Landon!








Happy Birthday Landon!! Didn't realize that we share October B-Days!!
ReplyDelete