A Birth Story
Once upon a time, a gal knew she would want to have an epidural for each and every birth she experienced. It worked wonderfully with her first, so she assumed it would again. The blessed pain medication was given just when this girl thought she was going to lose it.
Just when life in the delivery room was looking up, the doctor wanted to turn down the pain medication because he said it was on too high and her blood pressure was going down. The gal noticed she had more pain, but thought she could handle it since at first it wasn't too bad without the medication.
Then it got bad. Fast. And this gal got to experience a taste of natural childbirth for an hour before the almost-10-lb baby boy arrived. She was very happy when he was born.
Now this gal is even more cemented in her decision to never again willfully experience natural childbirth.
The End
our big little boy
meeting big brother Grant
more family = more love
* * *
Every hour and day that goes by we love him more and more.
Happy First Week Kyle!








The last picture convinces me more than ever that babies are born posessing the wisdom of the universe. I think both of your children are very old souls.
ReplyDeleteHaha! I have to say AMEN SISTAH to your birth story! Natural birth is pointless and very painful. I know this from experience. I am so right there with you on never doing it again!
ReplyDeleteHappy One Week Kyle!!
ReplyDeleteI love the new family pictures!!
Congratulations! What a beautiful baby boy (I make um big too :). You look GORGEOUS in your hospital pictures (PS - you aren't supposed to look that pretty after delivering a 10 lb baby). We are so happy for you and your family!!!
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable. Happy One Week family.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a cute little family!
ReplyDeleteHappy One Week Kyle!!
ReplyDeleteI have to get back over there to get me some baby lovin'!!! I only have 3 more weeks....... :-(
Katy, This is Valerie Vandruff (Christensen). I found your blog through facebook, and wanted to say HI and congrats on the new baby. He is BEAUTIFUL--new babies are the best! Hope you and your family are doing well.
ReplyDelete