1) he doesn't think we are adequately prepared yet
2) this is a glimpse of things-to-come: he's going to be one of those kids that's hard to get out of bed...he plans to live with us until he's 35....
3) this he is really a she and she's trying to give us time to repaint the bedroom and buy girl things
4) I'm meant to learn a lesson in patience - things don't always happen exactly when you'd like them to
5) he's incredibly smart (as already mentioned) - he knows life is pretty darn good on the inside and the outside just sounds like a great big hassle. Why rush into all that?
6) he's an incredibly chill-dude and mellow to the core
7) he's hoping instead to have a July birthday
*the last theory - at this point - seems the most likely. I've been going in to the doctor for mommy check-ups and to the hospital for non-stress tests & ultrasounds every couple of days to check my progress and to make sure baby isn't under any distress. So far he's doing great so medically there is no reason to induce & purposefully serve him his eviction notice sooner than the 42 week mark (a limit that we and the doctor agreed to).
*if the little man doesn't decide to make his appearance sooner (pretty, pretty please....), then it all begins Tuesday at midnight - hence the July birthday...but I'm praying he comes naturally on his own. I don't mind being late - - yes, I walk at a snail's pace everywhere, climb the stairs like an old woman, and getting a good night's rest is easier said than done - - but I'd rather not induce simply because of my discomfort and save that for when I am 42 weeks or it becomes medically necessary for the baby and I (whichever comes first).
I'm just chill like that. And I've officially decided I'm not a wimp.
But we're not sitting around twiddling our thumbs - we've kept busy while we're waiting.

We've:
1) discovered stacking rings are even more fun worn on the arm
2) visited the pool
3) had our last day of school...until summer session
4) had TONS of Grandma time
5) been reminded that Grant is a genius - he's learning and expressing so much
6) celebrated my 27th birthday
7) had some really fun bathtimes
8) worked on puzzles
9) went on many, many walks








Come on Baby Boy Bastow!! We really, really want to meet you!!
ReplyDelete{Did my encouragement work??}
I'm so glad you have such a good attitude about it all Katy - I doubt I would! ;)
Ah man, I'm so sorry Katy! Sorry you're so uncomfortable. I hope you and Grant are enjoying some quality alone-time together.
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about you everyday!!! I've been wondering where my call is?! I bet you have too:) I saw there was an update on your blog and thought... OH! She had him!!! Friend, I'm so proud of you for being so positive, my sisiter was this late and she was ready to KILL someone. ha ha. LOVE YOU! Oh and I'm PRAYING he comes before Tuesday night @ midnight because I'm on a 7am flight outta here on Wednesday:( LOVE YOU
ReplyDeleteWow, Katy bless your heart you are a trooper! Good luck with everything when he decides he is ready to join us out in this crazy world! What a great day that wil be for you!
ReplyDeleteI hope your new little one has joined you by now! That waiting at the end of pregnancy has got to be the worst--it's so hot and uncomfortable! Good luck!
ReplyDelete