6.20.2009

still here

My due date has come and gone and baby is still content right where he is. Landon and I went in for a non-stress test and ultrasound/fluid check yesterday and he is doing just fine. So perhaps he just didn't want to have his birthday this week or he's super smart and knows once he's on the outside he'll be messed with more and made to do all sorts of things he doesn't want to do (i.e. getting baths, dressing, going to the doctor). Or maybe he didn't get me anything for my birthday coming up in 2 days and figures if he comes that day, that will be gift enough.

Whatever the reason, I'm not terribly uncomfortable or anything. He's in good health thus far so I don't want to rush him, but - hey, little one: we've got Grandma-help in town for a limited amount of time...it would be great if you could help us take advantage of this and come soon!

* * *

A few days ago we got a wonderful surprise from the talented Samantha - all the way in OK. This a-dor-a-ble bean bag chair that matches the baby's room and this gorgeous camera strap cover for me - both made by Samantha herself. I'm in love with both of these items and the bean bag chair will go perfectly in this little toy corner of the baby's room next to the bookshelf.



A few weeks ago I had also ordered a camera strap cover off this etsy seller and it came on the same day as these cute gifts! I've already put Samantha's cover on and I'm thrilled to have two in case one gets dirty or I want to interchange them once in awhile (which it's good that they are different looking too!) Anyway, I'm a lucky girl to have such talented friends.

Here I am attempting to model 3 things:

*my new camera strap cover

*new shorter haircut

*me at 40+ weeks

3 comments:

  1. You look great Momma! And maybe he'll be the best birthday present ever! ;)

    And I'm glad you like the bean bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe your still waiting! You need to do some Jumping Jacks and go for a nice long walk and have your hubby rub your ankles while you eat some garlic laced food!! Well you seem content but that is what I feel like doing right now and I still have 5weeks to go. Good luck, I love your nursery it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a trooper! Hope he comes soon. Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete