6.02.2009

frosting


I am not the best frosting or glaze maker. I love to bake (and think I do it fairly well), but frosting and glazes - pretty much anything that requires powdered sugar and butter...just not too confident, which is why I usually end up buying it at the store.

I made this little cake for us and since I believe all cakes require some kind of icing to be considered a cake, I yet again attempted a light glaze. I suppose it tasted alright, but I really need a fool-proof chocolate glaze or drizzle icing recipe!

We were pretty low-key this anniversary. We went out for Mexican food last night with Grant and will probably get away for a little dinner/temple night when Grandma gets out here (unless baby decides to come first!). I've told Landon that we don't have to do anything grand or get each other grand presents at every anniversary - dinner out together is fine as long as on the five year marks we really do something big and get away by ourselves for a few days. Last year (5 years) was the cruise to Mexico and at 10 years...we're going to New York! That means we have four years to start putting aside some pennies.


* * *

On a completely unrelated note, I found the most adorable recipe box at Home Goods last week. I did not need a new recipe box. I can't justify it's purchase other than it's the cutest thing I've ever seen and my life wouldn't be complete without it (I wish all things that fell into that category were less than $10 like this little item).

Just in case you are not capturing the essence of why this is so darn special...look: it has a little, mini pear attached to the top.


The littlest things make me so happy.


(oh, and notice the hint of paint can in the upper left corner...we painted the baby's room! It's almost put together and ready for viewing!)

1 comment:

  1. The cake looks delicious! And I'm sure your glaze turned out great - I give you kudos for even trying, I always end up with store bought! ;)

    ReplyDelete