5.22.2009

Girls Night Out


Lacey, (me), Kristen, & Angie
(missing are Monica & Cassie)

I had a lovely Girls Night at Mimi's on Friday with some friends - but in addition to the yummy food, we celebrated the new baby! Lacey coordinated our Girls Night and each person was so nice and generous to bring something for the baby. Sometimes it feels like I'm having my first all over again because I know that my experiences with this baby will probably differ quite dramatically from those with Grant - - for one, spitting up! Grant had a surgery early on that prevented that (because of the fear that he couldn't protect his airway), so if/when this baby spits up, I'm imagining it will be quite a weird thing for me for awhile.
valiantly attempting to put on the awesome sling Angie made for me.
Knowing me, I'll need Angie's supervision the first time I put any living thing in there (i.e. my baby) so I don't do it horribly wrong. But I only have July to master it, because then Angie leaves me for Ohio
speaking of people leaving - this gal is very shortly leaving California for Utah which makes this night out one of the few outings left I have with her! Thanks for the fun night friend and your sweet gifts.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for girl time and celebrating babies!!



    {I just wish I could have been there too.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so cute Friend. I actually just got teared up. I miss you so much! I've cherished my friendship with you... you were my saving grace in a really hard time. I love you and it was my pleasure to throw something for your new little man. I can't wait to meet him:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opps, I meant I'm gonna miss you so much. Geez, I'm not gone yet:)

    ReplyDelete