Mr. Grant or Grant-pie (as we like to call him) as been up to quite a bit lately. One of my most favorite games is Parcheesi and Grant has caught on to the love of the game. He even 'rolls' the dice and 'counts' the spaces like we do - actually, this kid is copying ev-er-y-thing we do. Landon will scratch his elbow and Grant will copy the motion. We're going to have to watch what we do and say around him from now on.
I often catch Grant outside now, usually playing with Daddy's golf club or sitting here like this. Since he still uses scooting as his fastest, most independent mode of travel, his legs get so dirty when he scoots outside. When he starts walking, at least his legs and pants will get a little less dirty I hope.
Put the spoon in the bowl...
One of Grant's proudest recent achievements - feeding himself yogurt! I just put it in a bowl for him and he does the rest. He's been doing that for a couple of weeks now and I'm still amazed at it - you don't realize how much goes into learning a new skill and how many steps it can take until you watch them learn to do things a little more slowly. Same thing with walking - it takes a tremendous amount of skill and muscle building to achieve that miracle of standing alone and walking independently. For other kids, all these skills just seem to happen - in a short amount of time and often with little help from mom and dad. When Grant finally hits a new milestone, we are through the moon because it took so much effort on his part (and lots of patience on ours) to get there. Please pardon me for all my bragging - I'm just excited!
...and enjoy!
I think Grant is quite excited to be done.








First... WAY CUTE baby bedding:) I love it! And you can't get a better deal than that. Second.... that's great about Grant and all the progress he is making. I think you and Landon are amazing parents. God sure knew what he was doing when he blessed you with Grant and Grant with you:)
ReplyDeleteGranty! I wish I could play Parcheesi with you!!! I miss you Buddy!!
ReplyDeleteAnd Katy, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bedding for him! Perfect for such a BIG boy!
Dude Grant is jsut the cutest kid! I love his smiles! I just want to hug him when i see that smile! Love the bed and craigs list - it just rocks!
ReplyDelete