2.10.2009

Go check out this blog. Seriously. Right now.

We've all heard the expression 'laugh until I cried' and today I did - quite literally because my extreme laughing started becoming so painful that the tears shifted from joy to misery, but it was worth it. What do you do when you have other important tasks to complete? Why, sit on your behind looking at funny blogs, of course.

I found this blog called Cake Wrecks. It's a one-stop-shop for hilarious professional cakes, though my guess is that very few were meant to be funny.

This is just a sample of what awaits you there. And yes, this was actual cake someone received , though there was a bit of miscommunication between decorator & orderer - I don't think they meant for the words 'under neat that (underneath that)' to appear on the cake.

So click on the site and either proceed to read through each and every posting OR go to the right hand side, find 'Categories', and click on something that strikes your fancy. I recommend for starters 'Literal LOLs' or 'Mithspellings'. The cake inscriptions in these categories will leave you wondering whether our education system has failed all of it's students, or just those that went on to do the wording on these cakes (mind you, I was a teacher myself. Which is why the cakes that say 'Congratulations' spelled a 100 different ways or with an apostrophe between the N and S cause me to die inside a little bit).

I don't want to exaggerate or over promise or anything, but this site just might change your life.

1 comment:

  1. I checked it out - hillarious! The commentary is the funniest. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete