I had seen this baby bedding at Target for the past few months and thought it was cute, fun, and being at Target, not outrageously priced for what you get.

For the 3-piece set (comforter, bumper, & sheet) it was around $70. You had to purchase the crib skirt separate at $15, so for under $100, you had the bed decked out. Not bad compared to going to Babies R Us, falling in love with something only to find out it's $170 for the entire set.
The day after we found out that a little boy was coming, I went to Target to see if it was still there. I had been noticing it slowing disappearing over the last few weeks and thought that maybe I would be out of luck. But, I found it sitting in a special clearance aisle with that beautiful red sticker that all other obsessed Target shoppers come to love - and the sticker said only $48 for the set and $5 for the skirt! Wahoo!
I took the set and skirt up to customer service to pay (having things I also needed to return) and to my surprise and delight the bedding set rang up for.......wait for it......$17!! The little red sticker had not been updated! The crib skirt rang up as on the tag, so I got a new bedding set for the little guy for $22!! Landon was also excited to hear this - he loves when I save money, too.
Then my brain realized that if I buy another crib skirt, there was enough material of the lower striped portion to make curtains for both of Grant's windows (though I will add a bit more solid material at the bottom to make them a tad longer). So add another $5 for curtains. What a deal.
We just got the mattresses delivered for Grant's new big boy bed (a brand new bed with trundle purchased on a really good deal from Craigslist) so I'm slowly starting to put that together in our 3rd bedroom. Grant won't be sleeping in that bed for some time, but it's ready to go when he does make the transition and it's available for guests now as well. I think I'll hold off redecorating the baby room until right before the baby comes, then move all of Grant's clothes and stuff into the new room, though he'll continue to sleep in his crib for as long as Mr. New Baby is in with us. At least that's the plan!








What a sweet deal, Katy! That's some bargain shopping!
ReplyDeleteI love the bedding great taste!Congrats on another boy! That is exciting..I love little boys..I have three..I am curious to find out if I will have four.But I still have a few weeks for that to happen!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome Katy!! I love the feeling I get when I find a steal like that. I love the bedding, it will be very nice for your little guy!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I got the exact same set from my shower last week! Matchy matchy!
ReplyDeleteI got your card the other day. That was so sweet of you! You seriously didn't have to, but thanks so much!
I've changed my blog address
ReplyDeletekrismommy2.blogspot.com