12.28.2008

Flagstaff, AZ

About every other year, Landon's parents rent a cabin for a few days up in Flagstaff, AZ. It's at a place called Fort Tuthill that is only open for renting by members of military (active duty and retired) and their families. There is always snow on the ground and the few days we spend in it is perfect - fun to visit and play in, but we don't have to live in it. In our 3 day visit, we took Grant sledding once, had a rousing ping-pong tournament, played board games, and went to Cracker Barrel (one of the my favorite homestyle restaurants and it has a fantastic store connected to it). I think I ate around 6 of their wonderful biscuits in an embarassingly short amount of time.


This boy loves his Daddy

How Grant plays ping-pong: he taps the ball against the paddle, then throws the ball over the net. Seems to work and I think he is already better than me - I could only beat Landon and Travis if they played left-handed.


What is this game called? Whatever it is, they have them on all the tables at Cracker Barrel and we enjoy playing it. Grant's helping Daddy achieve 'genius' status on the game.


the gang - me, Landon, Grant, Travis, Dad, Mom

3 comments:

  1. The Peg Game!! {We have one... Ben once memorized how to complete it so that he could "show off" to my sisters.} I love Cracker Barrell too and am so happy to be living in a city that has one!

    I love the look of joy {or fear?!} on Grant's face in the sled! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! And congrats on your big baby news! That is so exciting..I hope you have it eaiser this time around. With my first pregnancy I was so sick for 2 months straight..I did not eat at all..I lived off of Chocolate Carnation's breakfast drinks. But luckily I have to admit that my prego days got easier and eaiser with each baby come my third I no longer puked and actually we are expecting again..I am due in July and so far I have been lucky enough not to be sick at all..well I take it back I came down with a horrible sore throat, puss pockets, cough and puking achey body and fever over christmas..but besides that I have been blessed to feel great. Which you probably don't want to hear and probably hate me now. lol...congrats that is so exciting..when do you find out what you are having???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure do remember that weather. We lived further up the mountain (Show Low AZ) I'll take Pedro weather anyday. It looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete