Some of my game earnings
Tom, Julie, & Sundae
Before the game and present opening - and while the kids were still cooperative - we did our best version of the Nativity story starring:
Briggs: Joseph
Grant: Angel #1
Gage: Angel #2
Gavin: Shepherd
and a special appearence by one of our old Cabbage Patch dolls as Baby Jesus.
Mom definately loved it - and even if she didn't, I would have taken it right back and used it myself, so it was a win-win situation
brother Sam and sister Sundae after present opening-festivities
Christmas Eve
Spent this day with Landon's family with one of the goals being getting me a Blizzard at Dairy Queen and taking Grant to see Santa at the local mall. Grant visiting Santa is just something that you have see with your own eyes to appreciate. So we stood in the huge line for a bit then inquired about the prices and policies for visiting this particular mall Santa.
Uh, mall-Santa must be feeling a financial pinch lately because he seems to have needed to raise his prices from past years! You couldn't take any pictures of your own and the cheapest package was $20 (in past years you could take 1 picture with your own camera and prices started around $10). Combine our cheap-ness, the line being a bit too long, and with having already sat with Santa 3 times already and the result is pictures with the beautiful background instead.Grant is getting quite good at walking around like this-we traveled through the mall very slowly, but it was good practice
Christmas Morning
Without an eager, excited, older kid to come get us at 4:30 in the morning, we didn't open presents until late in the morning. Among our presents: jewelry box for the wall, camera bag, little Nikon camera, HP photo printer (me); grilling stuff, How I Met Your Mother - Season 3, partially completed mission scrapbook (Landon); Fisher Price Computer Learning system, FP Animal Zoo Train (Grant). This is not an inclusive list, so suffice it to say, Santa and our families were good to us this year, as they are every year.
If you can take your eyes off that ravishingly plain and un-made-up blonde in the above picture, notice the box she is holding. I told Landon that the #1 thing I wanted was a nice camera bag for my new fancy camera and I recieved not only that, but a new point-and-shoot as well! My other P & S was just getting old and beat up, so I was surprised to not only get my first request, but my second as well. Landon got a good deal on it and it's nice to have a less expensive camera as the smaller companion to my big Nikon. So this picture is a Nikon taken by a Nikon. I think 2008 shall be forever known as the Year of the Cameras.
We had a Merry Christmas - hope everyone did as well!








Grant is, by far, the cutest little angel I've ever seen!
ReplyDeleteSanta must have been feeling it everywhere... he was too expensive for our taste here also.
And, I LOVE my Nikon P&S too! I'm still a Canon girl, all the way, but since it was "free" and it takes pretty good photos {and movies!} I am not complaining!
Love that last picture of grant!! So cute! I got a nikon for christmas too!!
ReplyDeleteThat Santa had a much better background than the last! Even if you didn't even see the Santa! :-P
ReplyDelete