I suppose it's been some time since my last update (ya' think? It's been at least an entire month!) I've had my reasons... (reread blog posting above if you've already forgotten why!), but here's what has happened in the Bastow home since mid-October until this moment when I've crawled back into blog-existence. I may post pictures someday that go along with the following events, but don't hold your breath.
*Landon's SURPRISE 30th birthday party!! I actually have pictures of it and maybe will get around to posting them, but suffice it to say, it was a fun success. Landon's parents, brother, sister & her girls all came out for it, and some of our friends from around here also came to surprise the birthday boy - 30! I can't believe it!
*Saw WICKED for the 2nd time with Joy and Jennifer. I loved it even more the 2nd time and am determined to see it a 3rd time before it leaves L.A. in January. Totally worth the money I've already spent so far!
*HALLOWEEN - Grant was an adorable dragon. Unfortunately, the lens on my snazzy new camera had a defect and I had to use my slightly-less-snazzy-point-and-shoot camera. Also unfortunately, I felt like I was slowly dying that night so the night was not nearly as fun as it should have been. Too bad the costume probably won't fit next year because he was simply the cutest dragon ever.
*Landon went on a few TDY's (out-of-town short military trips) and I became painfully aware of how much I wished I had family nearby to help. I know now (but didn't know then) that chewing gum really helps the nausea and getting that 'I-just-lost-my-dinner' taste out of my mouth.
*GRANT has improved in so many things lately!! He is currently not getting any G-tube feedings and is still maintaining his weight/gaining weight! At 2 years-8 months, he is finally climbing UP and DOWN stairs all by himself, is STANDING for short periods of time on his own (even getting himself to the standing position all by himself), and uses his walking push toy like a pro. Still don't know exactly when he'll walk, but it's looking pretty good that he might walk by his 3rd birthday. This boy soaks everything up right now and copies everything we do. He knows the actions to so many songs now and though has yet to say any words, his babbling is getting much more expressive and he definitely finds ways to communicate exactly what he wants with us (some signs, some other ways). It feels like everyday he is figuring out something new and getting smarter every second. I don't think we could be more proud of him if we tried.
*TWILIGHT!!! Need I say more? The movie I've been waiting for came out on the 21st and some gals from church and I went to see it on Saturday. This was certainly a bright spot in the month - I loved it! It was just fun to see the characters we've all grown to love on screen even if a few things were different - I thought they got the gist and feeling of the story pretty well, so I was entertained. But, admittedly, short of the Cullen family being portrayed as hippie wind surfers and the book being set in Rio de Janiero, I would have liked the movie no matter what. I'll be a little embarrassed to admit the number of times I've seen it when it finally leaves the theaters (ahem...so far twice).
*THANKSGIVING: not so memorable this year. Of course I was with my kind husband and sweet boy and that's all that really matters yadda, yadda, yadda (the yaddas are mostly sarcastic-I truly am grateful for such an adorable family), but seeing as how we couldn't make it out to Arizona to see our families and there was no way in heck I was cooking dinner (I'm at the point of eating a few more things, but certainly not cooking them yet) we went out to eat at Mimi's Cafe followed by the new James Bond movie. I don't think I've ever had Thanksgiving at a restaurant before and I was a wee bit sad and wishing we had family around. On the bright side though, no dishes to clean and we saw a new movie.
So that brings us to December 1st - I'm excited for Christmas and hope to decorate soon (it's really the only holiday I decorate for!). I seriously enjoy the present planning and shopping, the wrapping, sending out Christmas cards, and all those fun things that we do to think of others at this time of year. Hopefully in the next few weeks we will find out if it's a Baby Boy or a Baby Girl joining our family - and that will be the news of the day around here for sure!
12.02.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Again, SO excited for you! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd Twilight!! Ahh! We have so much to catch up on now! {My sisters have seen it like four times, so don't worry... I'd go see it again myself!}