Yep, we're expecting Baby #2! Let's do this info stuff Q&A style, shall we?
Q: When's the baby due?
A: This baby will be arriving around June 18th, 2009, which is awesome because people born in June are extremely attractive and intelligent (says the girl born June 22nd..).
Q: I want to avoid using any math skills...how far along does that make you right now??
A: I'm about 11 weeks right now - which is funny to say because I feel like I've been in this first trimester for 6 months. We wanted to wait to tell everyone (besides our parents) that I am pregnant until the 12th week/end of 1st trimester mark - that's just how we roll. But being sick has made that a little more difficult and almost every time we went to the OB doctor, they have pushed back my due date and how far along they think I am. Based on the "original" math, I should be more like 13/14 weeks right now, but measurements and other evidence dictated that that wasn't true, so I'm really only 11 weeks...hence the feeling that this first trimester will never end.
Q: So, how are you feeling Katy?
A: Pull up a chair. I'm inviting you to my pity party...Basically, food is the enemy right now and the couch & bathroom have been my best friends this past month and half. With Grant, I was horribly sick until 20 weeks (nausea 24 hours a day/vomiting way more than one person should). With Grant, the doctor didn't give me any help or medication until well after the 12th week, but my doctor now has prescribed Zofran and approved me to take it much earlier. Also similar to the Grant pregnancy, I've lost a good deal of weight this month - which I confess it's somewhat nice to actually see numbers on the scale going down (a rare occurrence for me), though I do not recommend this weight loss method to anyone. I think the medication is starting now to help a bit, but even though it's not working 100%, not taking it isn't an option either if I want to be semi-functioning. I don't cook whatsoever and spend as little time near the kitchen, I'm surviving mostly on cereal, and Landon is the primary Grant food-preparer & feeder. I truly don't hate anyone, but those gals that never experience this awful nausea/vomiting with pregnancy have garnered some degree of hate from me - but that's just the HCG hormones talking.
I'm really hoping this doesn't last 20 weeks and when I go back to feeling well and actually wanting to eat, I'll be dancing in the streets. So, First-and-Second-Trimester Katy hereby decrees that she will have no more children after this - - Happier-Non-Sick Katy usually feels differently. I'm not sure how I made it through teaching when I was like this with Grant and I can say for sure that I'm not doing a great job of being Grant's mommy right now. Next time, it will be mandatory that a Grandma move in to help or no more grandchildren for them!
Phew - thank you for allowing me to have my pity party (Landon and my mom are getting really sick of being my only audience...). I also must say that despite my shameful complaining, I really am grateful for the blessing of being able to carry this child. The knowledge that things in life don't always work out the way we plan isn't lost on me. I know with painful certainty that not everything happens just the way I want it to happen, so I am learning to be grateful and appreciative of all the blessings in midst of the hard things. So, our experiences with Grant, coupled with the struggles of close family & friends to conceive and/or carry their pregnancies successfully, have made me not want to take any blessing that comes our way for granted. I know that carrying and delivering a perfectly healthy, normal child isn't something that just happens - it's a precious gift to have everything go well and not experience any pain or loss - this is one mom who better understands gratitude thanks to our beautiful and sweet little Grant. That said, I am {trying} to be more mature and complain a little less - if not for me, for the people around me!
Q: Are you hoping for a boy or girl?
A: I can sincerely say that any child that we can take home healthy and free from any problems - - that also doesn't keep us in the NICU for 2 months - - would be great. Those 59 days were long & rough - though heaven knows it was just the beginning! - so if I can please request that the biggest problem we have to deal with be jaundice it would really make my day. But...getting all that out of the way...I have feeling it's a girl and I kind of want to be right. However, we already know that we love little boys, so another boy would quite welcome as well!








Congratulations friend!! :-D
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that this is the reason that you have been avoiding me and that you are/were not mad at me! ;-) I hope the sickness goes away soon so I can have my good ol' Katy back! :-)
Congratulations! Now we know why we have missed your cute little family at church!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS KATY! I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteAll I have to say is, "I KNEW IT!" I even asked Lacey and she was all avoiding answering me! Do you need anything? Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteYou finally announced it!!! Now I don't have to run from Katy Q's anymore. hee hee. I love you friend and I'm so happy for you:)
ReplyDeleteI wondered why you dropped off the face of the planet...now I know!CONGRATULATIONS! I feel for you with the morning sickness...I was miserable with Morgan's pregnancy for 16 weeks, and with Sydney's it was LONGER. :S about 26 or more, and I couldn't eat anything sweet the ENTIRE pregnancy without being severly nauseous...I hope it ends soon!!! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!! We will keep you in our prayers over here in England. I'd have to say little girls are fabulous!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations friend!! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I was blog hopping a couple of weeks ago and found you guys. I know how you feel with the whole morning sickness thing. I'm 20 weeks and still deal with it a little. You have a cute little boy!
ReplyDeleteAmanda Rogers
Congratulations Dear Friend!!
ReplyDeleteI'm SOO excited for you guys and I hope you start feeling better soon....
All I can say is.... I had a feeling!!
YAY!!!!!
Congratulations to all three of you! I hope you feel much better soon. I knew something was up but didn't want to pry :-)I'm very happy for you and will pray that the pregnancy goes smoothly and the baby is healthy.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, this is my blogging identity, I found you from another ward-member's blog.
--Sarah
Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you! This is really exciting! And just the last time I saw you, you were talking about wanting more. Sorry about the sickies. Wouldn't know what that's like but I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We're so happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Katy!!! I hope you start feeling better soon!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS.CONGRATS.CONGRATS....
ReplyDeleteWOOHOO!! I also hope for no NICU baby, I feel you on that one. Zack only had to spend 8 days, which after Brocks 63 days was a breez...
OH MY HECK I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!
Babiesrus get the prego lifesavers, they worked wonders for me with Zack, and mint lifesavers helped also, something about the mint helps the nasty BLA feeling go away. Secret: try to drink water, but not to much on an empty stomach, it makes your stomach worse, and can cause ya to throw up more...
CONGRATS, you guys coming to Utah for Christmas at all, would be great to see you guys...