12.09.2008

It's a Boy ??

Baby #2 !

Yesterday was my 2nd perinatalogist appointment - and here's a first glimpse at our little one. The baby was moving around like crazy and we were happy to hear that he or she is growing wonderfully. It's been very comforting to have this doctor do his extensive measurements and checks and so far everything is measuring well within in normal ranges - and luckily he didn't change my due date! I really am officially in my 12th week! He checked every body system and we are a little more confident now that this baby will be free from any major issues or health problems. It's a huge relief, but we also know that God sometimes gives us the most perfect and sweetest gifts in ways we don't expect, so I trust that everything will work out the way it's meant to work out for us.

After the all-important measurements and health questions were asked, came the next vital question: 'So, do you have a guess on whether it's a boy or girl??' I know I'm only 12 weeks, but our doctor told us that maybe he would be able to tell this early and would take a look. We told him that both of our families are guessing girl, but then he said, 'Well, I wouldn't throw out Grant's boy clothes yet.' He said that the baby is still a tad to small to say conclusively, but that possibly it's a boy, though don't make any major purchases either way just yet. Of course, the fact that he might be seeing something makes me think that it probably is a boy, but we're taking his advice and waiting until our next appointment before being totally convinced. So, now it will be in January that we will be back to check back with this particular doctor on our probable boy or possible girl. I had my girl name all picked out and ready to go, but now I better start perusing the boy names just in case!
On the way home we went to Macaroni Grill - which is huge news because I was actually willing to go! AND - wait for it - I ate salad, a chicken/pasta entree, and dessert!! I was literally eating my salad and exclaiming to Landon "Look at me! I'm eating a salad!" When I get to somewhat introduce something back into my diet and it tastes good to me, it makes me really happy.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad the baby is doing well and that you are finding things you can eat! We look forward to more news:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! We are so excited for your family! The tension is mounting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And another thing, I love the quote from Elder Maxwell. So powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo! We are so happy for you!!! What a wonderful thing :)

    Love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOT,WOOT,WOOT...Another BOY!!!
    Maybe it's just me.lol.but it's WONDERFUL having two boys.I am so thrilled for you.
    What great day when you can finally start to eat again,and now you can eat whatever you want and no one can say anything to you..WOOT,WOOT...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Katy!! How fun if it is another boy!! And I'm so glad you got to eat your salad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend had an early ultrasound several months ago, at which they were CERTAIN she was having a boy...she just delivered her beautiful baby GIRL, so don't toss your girl name out just yet...thankfully, she knew earlier than the delivery, and you will, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on baby number 2! I'm glad to hear that things are looking well.

    ReplyDelete