9.28.2008

Sad but True

I was in Arizona for almost 2 weeks and, other than the pictures taken the day of Larry's funeral, I took very few pictures while I was there. That just doesn't sound like me.

Uncle Travis with our Grant boy


Even at Grandma's house, Grant loves to type on the computer. And this kid doesn't just bang on the keys like a wild man - he gently & quickly presses the keys like we do, even grabbing the mouse to wiggle it once in a while.

Landon left on Saturday to return back home (had to go to Pennsylvannia for work the next week). Grant and I spent our time between Landon's parents house in Phoenix and my mom's house in Mesa. We did the normal AZ stuff - stay inside during the heat of the day (it was still hot in AZ even in September!) and then thinking of something fun to do in the late afternoon/evening. For me, that something fun usually involves shopping. Joy and I hit a large outdoor shopping center one night and good 'ol Costco another night. We also discovered the home store Kirklands, which brought me great sadness when I discovered there isn't a Kirklands within reasonable driving distance from me here in CA. With my mom, I went to my very first Hobby Lobby...and I loved it!...which we don't have in CA either!

On Saturday, a friend from Payson High School got married and since I was in town, I went to her reception with my sisters. The reception was beautiful --again, I didn't take any pictures! It was so great to reunite with a few Payson-people, especially Jennifer (the bride), Liesl, and Sage (they all live in the Valley now). I need to make my way up there to visit Payson sometime.

This is Grant's new thing - cheering with his arms up. We are always clapping for this guy and putting our arms up to say "Yeah for Grant!" I took this from the front seat of Grandma's car while she drove - he obviously had just done something so wonderful that deserved cheering. Such was our AZ trip - lots of cheering and fun.

1 comment:

  1. I am soo sorry to hear about your brother. But at least it is nice to know thru the gospel that he is now free from his pain and suffering, and that you will get to see him again one day! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your trip back to AZ. Next time you come let me know I would love to try and come up and see you!

    ReplyDelete