8.10.2008

Boston Day One

No pictures today. We were too busy almost missing our flight and wrangling Grant on the plane to break out the camera. Between flying for 5 hours and the 3 hour time change, we got into Boston at 9:40 p.m. after leaving L.A. at 9:30 that morning. Grant didn't cry or fuss too much on the flight. Snacks and songs were the key to keeping him entertained enough and I think we went through the snacks I had bought to last the day in the first 3 hours.


When we got to Boston it was dark outside, but the downtown skyline was beautiful and Landon reminded me of all the fun historical sites here. I got so excited thinking of all the places I want to visit - places I've only read or heard about but never thought I'd actually get to see. I'd like to go on the Freedom Trail (which I need to read up on-I know one stop is Paul Revere's home), the Boston Tea Party site, visit Harvard, drive to Salem (of witch-hunting fame), and go to the Oyster House - the oldest restaurant in America. I need to get some pamphlets of more places because I'm sure I'm forgetting something cool.


We're staying at Homewood Suites, which is a 15 minute or so drive to downtown Boston. We're in Bedford, MA, and close to where Landon's class is held. The government rate got us a nice room with kitchen, complimentary hot breakfast, and a light dinner most nights of the week. During the day Grant and I plan to visit the local mall (which looks HUGE), maybe peruse something nearby that looks interesting to me and not to Landon, and just relax in our room.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh!! I love going TDY with the hubby! Enjoy the trip and I can't wait to see the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete