Fri-May 30: Day One
The cruise terminal is about a 5 minute drive from our home, we see the cruise ships going by all the time and now here we are!
Getting there...go Landon!
Ringing the bell at the top!
La Bufadora - a little village and flea market near a large geyser-like blowhole of water that shoots out of a cave on the coast. Okay, so that's not exactly the National Geographic description, but it was incredible - one of only three like it in the world.
Back on board the ship...
Saturday night was Formal Night, so we dressed up a bit. It was the perfect night for this nicer affair - our anniversary! The waiters brought us out a strawberry cheescake with a candle in it and even sang to us. And the cheesecake was a-maz-ing.
Happy Anniversary, sweetheart! Five years, two moves, and one baby later, I love you now more than ever!
Sunday - June 1st: Day 3
Today was Sea Day - the ship went out to somewhere in the middle of the ocean and stopped. We hung out on the pool deck, walked around the ship, and lamented the last day of our vacation. A few things we enjoyed were going to the comedy shows at night and watching bingo - yes, watching. We really don't gamble (and it cost money to play), so we just watched others play which was surprisingly fun. The bingo caller was this hilarious guy from Costa Rica and we just laughed at all his silly jokes and funny comments. Poor Royal Carribbean - with our no drinking and no gambling they really didn't make any money off of us!
Landon and I with our {4} desserts at our last dinner: Key Lime Pie, Browine Supreme, Strawberry shortcake, and Banana parfait. Oh, and ice cream for the brownie of course. Almost everyone there gets more than one dessert! This was our last night to enjoy the yummy food before going back to our single entrees and shared desserts in the real world...
Monday-June 2: Day Four
We woke up back in San Pedro and just barely had time for breakfast before getting off the ship. The bad: ending vacation - - the good: seeing our sweet Grant again! I must admit that it was quite enjoyable just doing whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted to do it without any responisiblities, but I was so excited to see our little boy! Joy got him out of the car and he just stared at me for a second before realizing "Hey that's mommy!"
It was so great to hold him again!
One last glimpse back out our boat...
We brought back maracas for Grant - we thought he'd like them and it seems that we were right!
Thanks Landon for taking me on such a WONDERFUL trip! And a big THANK YOU to Joy for staying with and caring so well for our Grant. It was so much easier to enjoy ourselves knowing he was in such great care. I loved our first cruise and (said in the voice of Ferris Bueller) would highly reccomended going on one if you have the means - it is so choice.








Wow! How fun! The weekend you were on your Cruise I was in San Diego with the fam! I know how tough it is to leave the kids. Even if you need a break and enjoy yourself! It is always nice to see them again. Thanks for Sharing!
ReplyDeleteSo when are you planning your next cruise? Mike and I took a cruise on the Monarch of the Sea 3 years ago(for our 6th anniversary) and we loved it. It was super hard to leave Samantha, because she wasn't even 1 yet. I bet you guys missed Grant but wasn't it nice to just chill. Check out the cruises to Alaska, now that's next on the agenda!!! I'm glad you guys had an awsome anniversary.
ReplyDeleteKaty! I was so excited to see your blog!! Grant is the cutest little guy and has gotten so big! And you are beautiful! I LOVe the color of your hair! You and Landon look so happy! I bawled reading your post about Larry! Thank you for posting that! I LOVE Larry! My favorite memories are playing Barbies in his room as he laughed at us!
ReplyDeleteSo are you guys living in Cali now?
Love ya!
LeDawn
Wow! Fun fun. I only wish we were that organized to plan something like this. Although Grant is probably as much work as two or three children, it's a little harder leaving three little ones. But maybe for our ten year, we'd do something like this. Glad you had a great time. Our fifth year will be in August.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home...Grant sure loves his Mommy! Thanks for sharing.
Congratulations on year five! So much fun!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Looks like you had fun. I've never been on a cruise, now I seriously know I need to go.
ReplyDeleteKaty! You guys are so lucky! I'm so glad you had fun. It is nice to get away just the two of you. I'm so glad you have a blog so that I can keep tabs on you!
ReplyDeleteHow fun. It's TJ and I 5th year also this year but I'm a chicken and can't bring myself to leave my boys for more then a night. Think it has to do with that I left them so much not by choice when I got sick and when they were babies leaving them in the hospitals. I know I'm so lame. BUT congrats and what a fun trip.
ReplyDeleteHow fun to see you two! You look fab...and what a cute little boy. How are you? Remember me?
ReplyDeleteSkeezie
Hey Bastows! Happy 5th anniversary! How fun! I am so jealous! Someday Rick and I will have to take one of those. I found your blog on Candice's site. I am so glad I can see what you have been up to!
ReplyDeleteOur blog is www.thestandagefamily.blogspot.com
Talk to you later!
Amber