We've had a number of fun times in the past month since getting back from the cruise. But this very special gift actually came to us right before we left on the cruise - it's a beautiful (and huge) wedding crosstitch that Grandma Bastow made for us and I just have to show it off (though the pictures don't quite do it justice). She spent countless hours making this for us and getting it right before our 5th anniversary was just perfect. I think one of my favorite details is the pearl-like beads stitched along the bottom of the dress. I've done a number of crosstitch samplers (never of this size and detail!), so I think I can appreciate even more so the time and effort put into it. We absolutely love it and know we will cherish it for the rest of our lives - thank you Grandma and Grandpa!!
Angie's Baby Shower
yours truly, Samantha, Angie (a.k.a. mommy-t0-be), Kristin, & Amanda
Samantha and I put together a shower for my friend and next door neighbor, Angie, who's having a boy in September. We did a Chicka-Chicka-Boom-Boom theme (also her nursery decor) and had the event at our home. I actually {love} putting together stuff like this. I'm like a girl-in-a-candy-store with all the decor, invitations, and food-planning. Among the cute and needed gifts she recieved was an awesome quilt and nursery decor made by Samantha and an ABC scrapbook album that I made.
our marvelous fruit pizza....that I can't take credit for. Joy did all the work and it was great.
One fun thing we did with Joy was watching The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. It's only about a 40 minute drive and a very fascinating theatre located just across the street from Mann's Chinese Theater (with all the famous hand & footprints in cement) and the Kodak Theatre.
some movie scenery/props
Sadly, Joy had to leave us to drive to Utah, but not long after she left, Landon's longtime friend, Jayson and his wife Janine (along with their kids) came to visit for the weekend and go to Disneyland. This was Grant's first Disneyland trip - and he got a special badge for it!
I seriously {love} Disneyland. Landon is the best planner for minimum line-standing and maximum fun. Just let him take the helm and you'll have fun filled day. Annnddd.....we got yearly passes!! Now we can go (almost) anytime we want, even just for a few hours. I was surprised at the number of rides we could actually take Grant on, so going just the three of us would still be lots of fun. So, if anyone's up for a Disney trip - - come visit!!
how cute is that? (Jayson's son Garryn in the background)
us, Jayson, & Janine & Splash Mountain
Benihana Birthday
obviously, when you turn 26 you must stoop down 5 inches for no apparent reason
Feliz Cumpleanos a mi








Katy...WoW what a fun filled June. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah for all things fun and exciting! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, a Happy {belated} Birthday to you my friend!
It looks like you are having so much fun! I love seeing your beautiful face! PS Tag! You are it! Check out my blog for details!
ReplyDelete