Saturday was a fun and busy day! It all started with the base yard sale out on the huge parade grounds. Seth & Lacey walked around with us and found some good things, as did Landon, but not me. Lacey and I went to a church women's conference (that was very good by the way) and I ate my weight in cookies and lemon bars while there. I cleaned the house and Landon took care of some Saturday stuff when I got home - which was when he discovered The Kite. This cheap, tangled Elmo kite was on the side of our house and it somehow captivated Landon's attention. He just had to untangle it and fly it. So I'm in the house still cleaning and getting dinner ready, and Landon still had to run an errand before Seth & Lacey came back over for dinner, but that didn't stop him from flying that kite! He even said that he tried to throw it away in the outdoor dumpster, but then the wind caught it again and he resumed flying. The way he describes it, it's as if he was powerless to the will of the kite. What a funny Landon. 
Landon took Grant with him to run the errands-which included new cell phones for us - but not before having a quick snack on the couch together. Our friends joined us for a dinner of Garlic Chicken Farfalle (which was a recipe I had never tried. I always do that: make things that I have no idea how they will turn out when we have guests...) Then we had fun playing Apples-to-Apples. We were all a *little* tired, which in my opinion makes for a fabulous Apples-to-Apples game. And Seth won! Thanks for playing, friends!
Sounds like a very fun day!! Landon and the kite flying is very funny!! Wish I could have been there. Your dinners always turn out wonderful!
ReplyDeleteGive our little boy a BIG kiss from Grandma.
That day was so fun. Thanks for spending it with me and yes the dinner was SO yummy!
ReplyDelete