5.11.2008

Happy Mother's Day!

This year marks my 3rd Mother's Day. My 1st Mother's Day was spent at UCLA. Grant had just recently had his G-tube/stomach surgery, and it was about Day 50 of being there (we didn't know then, but we only had about 9 more days to go!) Both of our mothers were so helpful and supportive during that time and we relied on them so much.Back to this year - - Landon just got back last night from Maryland and we are so happy to have him home. On the way to church this morning, Landon had me open my presents. I thought the iPod was my main gift and then the 'gift to myself' was to go get a pedicure. But inside this bag was a shirt first seen on the movie "You, Me, & Dupree" that I can't even describe without laughing my head off. I've always wanted it and Landon ordered it online. Let me know if you don't get it: I'll try to describe why this is so funny without cracking up.
Then there were two envelopes in the bag. The first: a gift certificate for a pedicure! That was nice and I can't wait to go because I live in flip flops. The second envelope...money for me to buy a new camera!!! I've been wanting a new Nikon DSLR for awhile now, but since it's a total want and not a need yet, I haven't made it a priority to have us save for it. Landon has been getting more pay because of all the traveling lately, so he's been saving the money for it. Yeah!!! It was such a surprise and now I just need to find where I want to purchase it from. I'm so lucky to have someone like Landon who pays attention to the things we need and even the things I just want, and he finds a way to make it happen. This was another memorable Mother's Day - the only downside was trying to pay attention at church while imagining where I'll buy the camera and the fun we will have with it. Thank you again Landon for surprising me and for the love you show me everyday of the year.

No discussion of Mother's Day would be complete without mentioning our wonderful mothers. All I can really say is: Thanks, Mom. Thank you for cooking, cleaning, sewing, repairing, wiping, driving, teaching, holding, and loving me. I think I realize now what sacrifices, big and small, were done for me. I'm sure this feeling will of gratitude will grow every year - especially when we have teenagers. Yikes.

I can't express how grateful I am for my own mom without writing of another special mother: Landon's mom, Joy. I live with the result of her wonderful parenting every day. I know that she too sacrificed and loved endlessly and it's obvious that her children are close to her and love her very much in return. I'm lucky to have her in my life and she provides yet another example of a sweet, loving mother for me to emulate.
Not only are these gals great mothers, but they are the best grandmothers!! They love and cherish Grant just as much as we do (and all their other grandchildren). Most of these pictures are a little old, but they show these women doing what they do best!



Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and mothers-to-be!

1 comment:

  1. OOOhhh!! Yeah for the new camera! (I highly reccomend at least going into Samy's Camera. :) They are really knowledgable and helpful.)

    ReplyDelete