5.15.2008

Mankind's Greatest Contribution

I love, love, LoVe The Office. I don't think I've ever loved a show this much (although I remember really liking Full House when I was little). We own all the past seasons on DVD and I never get sick of watching them over and over. And yes, it's supposed to be like a documentary (that's why people talk to the camera once in a while) and Michael is supposed to be weird and awkward and do stupid things--that's him and it's what make the more 'normal' people appear more normal. Dwight is also a very different kind of guy - often described as a fascist nerd. If I've emailed someone more than once in the 6 months and know they are a fellow Office lover, chances are I've included a quote in the subject line from the Office, and chances are it's from Dwight. Here's a little {me + The Office} trivia:

*Favorite Episode: The Injury-Season 2
*Favorite Character: Dwight, though followed closely by Jim, Kevin, & Pam
*Favorite Moments: Andy drifting down the river in his sumo suit, Jim finally telling Pam he loved her (aahh...), and Jim making the ridiculously large ID badge for Dwight...'what did I write?'....
*Favorite Quotes:
"I've been reccomending downsizing since I got here. I even brought it up in my
job interview." ~Dwight
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." ~Jim (impersonating Dwight)
"This is an environment of welcoming - and you should just get the {heck} out of here."
~Michael
..and a recent favorite:
"If I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks." ~Dwight
*If I was sent to a deserted island (that happened to have a DVD player & TV) and could only take one Office DVD: Season 2

Well, tonight is the Season 4 Finale!! It's an hour long tonight and quite bittersweet - love the hour long episodes, but it means that it's the final one until the fall. We watch every Thursday with the Frey's, who conviently live next door, and we switch off going to each other's homes. It's fun to watch with other people who love it as much as we do-we cleverly call them our Office Parties. Just 3 more hours till The Office comes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment