Since Grant's birthday fell on a Monday this year, we waited until Saturday to have a party with friends and neighbors. My mom and Tom came out for a short visit - she was such a big help! We had BBQ Pork, broccoli salad, some other finger foods, and, of course, bananas. I attempted to make a monkey cake that I saw on Martha Stewart, and if you saw the original...yeah, it's pretty sad in comparison. But, when the guests arrived, they all identified it as a monkey, so I took that as a good sign.
(My sweet & talented friend Lacey took all the
pictures for us, but we didn't get any of her in them!)
I can't believe our baby is 2. Grant has made the past 2 years so wonderful and we are so lucky he came to our home. We had a great time that night and were glad for everyone that could come! Happy Birthday Grant!









It's amazing how fast they grow. Happy Birthday Grant. That is such a cute cake.
ReplyDeleteI'm in love with that monkey cake!!! Glad you finally got a blog so I can see baby Grant in 3 different blogs now (yours, Angie's and Sam's).
ReplyDeletepardon me but what part of california's your family lived in, katy?
ReplyDeletesocal, norcal or inland?