4.24.2008

The bEst plACe on earth!



I'm doing a little blog back-tracking - back to our trip a few weeks ago to Eastern Arizona College. Landon and I met at EAC back in 2000. We left in 2001 and hadn't returned to visit since then - almost 7 years later! We've talked about returning for a visit for awhile now and I'm so glad we did. This was some of our journey down memory lane in good 'ol Thatcher. {Did you catch the acronym in the title?}

1st picture: where Landon and I both lived on campus-I on the 3rd floor, Landon on the 1st floor. We met the first day of school at an institute home evening. I walked right up to him in this room full of people and introduced myself. Pretty gutsy for a gal like me!
2nd: View from the fine arts auditorium where we saw a fun jazz concert that night. The bell tower on the far left wasn't there when we were attending. They added a bunch of cool new buildings and that bell tower between main campus and south campus after we left.

The Gila Valley Institute Building! It was fun to walk around inside, though every second I expected to see someone we knew. Of course all our friends are long gone from there and even the institute teachers are different now. They have scrapbooks that {someone} puts together for every school year, so we got ours out and looked for ourselves in it.

Our favorite part of campus: the activity center. Here we ate in the cafeteria, played in the gameroom, and went to EAC dances. It was incredible the number of memories that came flooding back as we walked around inside. And oh my goodness, it even smelled the same! Isn't there something about scent being the strongest sense tied to memory? That must be true because the smell took me back to walking in with Gail & Chelsea and how even something as mundane as standing in line was fun with your friends there! And our second date where we played games in the game room with Rick and Amber. This is getting a bit sappy, but I couldn't believe how much I missed this place!

What a fun, relaxing trip to Thatcher/Safford! Grant seemed to enjoy the trip and we enjoyed showing him the place where his mommy & daddy met. Thanks for the memories EAC!

No comments:

Post a Comment