7.19.2011

another giveaway for Preston!

We are getting so close to $500!  With this fundraiser being the 5/5/5 Project fundraiser, it just seems fitting to hit $500 (or more of course!).  The more information I learn about this organization and international adoption, the more I have to share.  To remind you why me and many other people work to raise money for these special children, let me give you a quick run-down:

*Adoption is quite expensive - international adoption is even more expensive. 

*It would be wonderful if every loving family in the world took in these abandoned, special children, but not every family can.  It's just not realistic for all people and families.

*However, there ARE families out there who can and do want to take these children in and initial costs are the only prohibitive factor. 



That's where you and I come in!

Each child with special needs associated with Reece's Rainbow has a grant fund.


Those funds are held in reserve for that child when a family comes along and commits to their adoption. 

When a child has a good amount of money in their fund, it means they may get chosen a little faster - makes their adoption a little easier and smoother.  Especially important for the 5 year olds like Preston who face imminent institutionalization if the ball doesn't get rolling quick for the families.

Every dollar you donate goes to help that child - in our case Preston - get a family. Then it helps that family get one step closer to bringing him home.  Like those at Reece's Rainbow say: "You don't have to adopt to make a difference!"


Sweet Preston - and all the other 5 year olds/almost 5 year olds - face being sent from the (relatively) good care in the baby orphanages to a life sentence in a mental institution if they are not adopted by around age 5.  A place where food is not plentiful and little or no attention is given.  A place where children and adults are given nothing to occupy their time and are even sometimes forcibly tied to their prison-like beds.  A place where life and potential is wasted away. It is no place for a child. No place for anyone, especially the most helpless and innocent in our world. In the country where he's from, they don't value or understand those with Down syndrome. They shove them away and hide them. They think they have no worth and would be a burden to families and societies.  But you and I know better.

We know: 

Every child deserves parents that hug and kiss them everyday.

Every child deserves attention, a full tummy, and clean clothes.

Every child deserves opportunities to learn and opportunities to have fun.

Every child deserves a home.


Please help this very deserving child find his forever family.  Please find it in your heart to do what you can to financially help that future family rescue Preston from the stifling, hopeless future of institution life.   As I tuck my two sweet boys in bed at night I'm humbled at the sheer abundance we enjoy. I know I take it for granted and don't appreciate it enough. I'm so grateful that God sent Grant to our home - a home where he is loved, valued, and cherished, and in a country where we educate, give excellent health care, and support those with special needs. I only hope and pray for the same thing for Preston and every other child waiting for families to find them!

...which brings us to the giveaway.  As you consider helping me reach that $500 mark, allow me to show you what you could win as a reminder of your help and love!!


...A beautiful light teal blue Sparrow Bird's Nest Necklace from Amula Designs.  The soft blue color seemed fitting considering it was in honor of one adorable little boy!  And I love the bird charm that watches over the eggs.  These bird nest necklaces are a quite popular item now and this is your chance to receive one AND get that warm feeling inside that you helped a special little child!  Even if you don't win you get that warm, cozy feeling!


This necklace is about 1 inch in diameter and hangs from an 18 inch silver plated chain.  It's so pretty and sweet isn't it?! 

To Enter:

*Simply make a donation of any amount using the link in the upper right corner (remember it's tax deductible!). No amount is too small - any contribution is appreciated!

*After you have done so, please leave me a comment - you do not need to tell me the amount, simply: "Hey Katy! I would love to win that necklace!"  Since the donation goes directly to Reece's Rainbow, I will not know the exact amount and/or who it's from.  It's between you and Preston! ;)

*For an extra entry, facebook about this giveaway or mention it on your blog. Let me know that you did!  Let's spread the word that Preston's waiting for a family of his own!  

*The giveaway will end July 23rd. - that's in 5 days!  The winner will be picked randomly and I will email them to let them know (will also post it here!)


 Thank you yet again for your generosity and love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment