The day we returned from our stay at the Hilton, Landons' sister and her family flew in to stay with us. For the first time in a long time, his whole immediate family was together and we planned for Disneyland, Thanksgiving, and a few other fun things.
I realized one night that I had never taken a picture of the gesture I see some 20 times a day - this is Grant asking for graham crackers. Graham crackers are his favorite and he adapted the sign for 'more' and the sign for 'cracker' into this Grant Sign Language original.
On the way to Disneyland (first of three days) - can I hear a collective "Awww...."
Unfortunately, this look on Kyle's face is pretty common lately when we try to get a picture with him and a character
These girls know the right way to do it!
Grant's first roller coaster ride! He and Landon are in the third car back. Landon said he was wide-mouthed the entire time and clapped, so I think it was a success.
Thanksgiving
My first turkey. I'll admit, I was nervous. But it went just fine and I kept it as simple as possible. Stuffed the bird with oranges, apples, and onions, then rubbed the entire outside with butter. I kind of liked that part for some reason. Stuck the guy in the oven and because I didn't stuff him with dressing he cooked up fairly quickly.
You bet I handed the camera over and made someone document this occasion. Should have arranged a stirring anthem to play as I put the turkey in and took it out - I was feeling pretty triumphant so it would have been fitting.
Ooo! That's a fine bird if I don't say so myself! But the poor thing is on a too small platter because I didn't check it beforehand and thought it would be big enough. Oops.
The Menu:
Citrus and Apple Stuffed Turkey
Stuffing with Apples and Bacon
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Glazed Baby Carrots
Green Bean Casserole
Split Top Rolls
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
My grandmother always made this pretzel salad for special occasions - it's more of a dessert than a side so I refer to it as the dessert you eat with your dinner. It's just tradition to do it that way.








Wow Katy, you have done alot in the last month or so. You're Tgiving dinner looked great good job!! Cute pics of the family too!
ReplyDelete