If you had never met me and had to completely sum me up by what I post on this blog, you'd surmise that I care about two things - taking pictures of my funny, cute children and food. And yeah - that would be about right.
We like to mix up our sports here - (inflatable) soccer balls functions well as a make-do basketball. And he makes it the hoop more often than not!
Now this cake is downright purty if I don't say so myself. My friend Amanda was going to be alone on her birthday with her husband out of town - and since that is practically illegal in my book - we definitely had to have her over for chicken enchiladas and birthday cake.
Using the Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake and frosting recipe on the back of the cocoa powder canister, I made this Black Forest Cake (as inspired by this Black Forest Cake). In the middle a nice, thick layer of whip cream and cherries. Perfection...if you love chocolate and cherries that is...which Amanda does.
On the search for a great, reliable whole wheat pizza dough recipe (still searching), I had not made the original good 'ol standby pizza dough of months gone by. Landon wants to start doing Pizza Fridays - I'll try not to take a picture every week of our pizza though. That could get old.
Yep, this is basically my life - - the boys and deciding what the next meal or fun treat will be. But it's a yummy life.








Stunning cake and it looks so delicious!
ReplyDeleteHave you tried using your regular pizza dough recipe and using whole wheat flour instead or maybe some of both?
One of my bread mentors told me that using all whole wheat means the dough must be sticky, don't add too much flour and must be kneaded more to develop the gluten.
What a cute picture shooting hoops!
I love your life! Adorable kids and great food- what could be better!?
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks amazing. I don't like the cherries but I could definitely do the chocolate
ReplyDelete